Chassis
F53
Engine
FORD 7.8 V8 GODZILLA
TOW/TOAD
2016 CADILLAC SRX
Fulltimer
No
HI, I HAVE A 2022 GEORGETOWN AND I WILL BE STORING IT IN SOUTH FLORIDA FROM MAY THROUGH NOVEMBER AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF I SHOULD ACTUALLY COVER IT... THERE ARE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON GOOGLE SEARCH, SOME YES AND SOME NO!!! ANYONE HAVE ANY FIST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF WHICH WAY TO GO.... THANKS

I covered my first motor home for several years and will never do it again. It was by far harder on the rv than leaving it uncovered. To say nothing of the dangers of putting the damn thing on/off. Apply a good wax once or twice a year and you will be much happier with the results.

I agree with @J&JD . Additionally, if wind in involved, your cover will degrade the paint finish as it flaps about. Since yours is a 2022 model, I would forgo it.

I do thank you for your input...do want to do it properly as I am new to the RV lifestyle and this thing was not cheap... I will be looking for a good detailer now!! Thanks again, Will

The place we store our motorhome has power lines overhead, and it seems like every bird in town likes to relax on those lines, dropping their calling cards all over our coach. So, we bought a cover - we tried to install that cover and were completely unsuccessful. There must be a trick to getting that 50 lb cover up on the roof in such a way that the sides fall where they need to be - any secret methods that will work? I'm an old paratrooper so I'm not afraid of being on the roof, but at 72 years of age I'm not as spry as I once was!

Since I have no way of knowing how you now have the cover stored I can only tell you what worked for me after it was on the first time. Removing the cover, I would stand on the roof and pull up one side at a time, folding them to the middle making about a 3’ wide line down the center of the roof. Then, starting from the front I would roll the line as tightly as I could, like rolling up a narrow carpet, all the way to the back. I then used Velcro straps to keep the cover in a tight roll. Installing the cover would simply be a matter or hauling it back up to the rear of the coach, rolling it out and tossing the sides over the coach‘s sides. Hardest part for me was getting the stupid thing up on the roof! Will never cover my Dutch Star, ever.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back