Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Should I trade my 2021 Newmar Mountain Aire for a Pre DEF Prevost or Newell?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The delete need not be permanent, keep the trouble prone beta testing emissions stuff boxed up and bolt it back up when ready to sell. It only takes about a half an hour with an F-250 - 450 with the 6.7L diesel.
It would be an all day project at best on a FL or Spartan chassis Class A and you’d have to have Insite or some other way to re-program the ECM - both off and on.

Personally even though I see these systems as poorly engineered, and mandated before the technology was properly developed for the mobile environment, I don’t think it would be worth it - better to learn the system, delicate, fragile, and substandard as it is, and be proactive and keep it operating properly rather than trying to abandon it.

There just isn’t that much to gain by deleting it other than emissions oriented reliability, and with proper care, feeding and understanding, the systems can be reliable. Especially with the DSS as a backup and a good DTC reader that also does forced regens.

If I had a 2021 MA I would not trade it for a pre-2010 anything. By 2021 the DEF head sensor issue was pretty much addressed through updated engineering. As far as DPF issues, that much is easily manageable. It will be interesting to see if the OP ever returns and provides further comment.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your comments, many things to consider. Maybe the Pre-DEF thing isn't as important as I have been thinking! Getting ready to hit the road in the MA for a short 10-14 day trip. I would still love to have a Prevost or Newell Coach so you never know. Might look around a bit but for now we are sticking with the Newmar.

Latest resources

Back