• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Should I Upgrade to F250?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My 5.7 will turn 4000+ RPM all day every day for a million miles with no complaints. Gas engines need to rev to make their power, especially when they're naturally aspirated.
That may be, but as I said, I'm on the conservative side. I figure, when I'm 800 miles from home, I REALLY don't want the towing vehicle to crap out on me for my own mistakes.

As an industrial maintenance tech, (retired), I learned one very important fact.........if man can build it, it WILL break, and most likely when you're trying to use it. That's why I don't get onto carnival rides.

Just sayin'.....Roger

Slowing down on a grade is ok. Maybe increase your speed a little approaching grades. Did I read that correctly 60mph up the grade? If that’s your speed seems good. We all slow on the grades, even a diesel. As I was once told. “You don’t need to be first to the top.”
Yeah, was trying to keep some speed so I would not be a speed bump for 18 wheelers. Speed limit on this hwy was 75 and if I took my foot off the gas, I would quickly be at 45/50 MPH. But I agree, I'm certainly not trying to speed while pulling my trailer. Just concerned that I'm having to work my truck so hard on hills and overpasses. I'm new to pulling a travel trailer so maybe this is the norm?? I've pulled plenty of mid-sized boats, but they don't have as much wind drag as the trailer. Thank you for your feedback.

As to your question, for daily driving, you'll probably prefer a GM 2500 with IFS to the Super Duty's death wobble.
Haha... that is also being considered. I had bad luck with a GMC few years back and has left me with a bad taste for GM trucks. But... I'm open to trying again because of the IFS.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back