• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Should I Upgrade to F250?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yeah, was trying to keep some speed so I would not be a speed bump for 18 wheelers. Speed limit on this hwy was 75 and if I took my foot off the gas, I would quickly be at 45/50 MPH. But I agree, I'm certainly not trying to speed while pulling my trailer. Just concerned that I'm having to work my truck so hard on hills and overpasses. I'm new to pulling a travel trailer so maybe this is the norm?? I've pulled plenty of mid-sized boats, but they don't have as much wind drag as the trailer. Thank you for your feedback.
An increase in truck capacity 1/2 vs. 3/4 ton also increases weight. Although this weight is accounted for in truck capacity, it is still extra weight the driveline must overcome. Because the concern is engine overworking, consider two things.

Turbos put higher stresses on the engine components! They can build an engine to handle the added stress, but the end result is higher bearing load!

back to pushing to the top!!! At sunrise point(to of the rim north of Phoenix), per season. There will be a couple vehicles that burn to the ground due to pushing to save the convenience of those behind them.

Personally I would rather they make their trip safely, and be inconvenienced while the negotiate the grade, than wait hours behind the impending road block caused by a considerate driver!!!!

Just my 10.00 worth.

PS. Your advantage point, will only become a reality if your next truck has a diesel! Just slow down and save a bundle. That is unless you're looking for an excuse.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back