Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Should we purchase a Holiday Rambler Vacationer?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
RV Year
RV Make
purchasing now, and have had a fifth wheel
We are on our way to possibly purchasing our first Holiday. Looking at a few different manufacturers.
Can anyone give us some feedback on your Holiday? We would appreciate it. We are looking at purchasing a 2024-35k.

I would compare that to a Newmar Baystar. As reputation goes, Newmar has a much better reputation. Pricing seems very similar.

You might look into REV, they manufacturer HR and Fleetwood bounder I assume Fortis as well considering it is built under the Fleetwood umbrella.

Because the original Fleetwood company failed some time back, don't look to history for build quality!!!

As suggested, look at a Newmar Bay Star. They have some 34'-38' models with full size washer & dryer. Also have a bath & a half bath floor plan (something I will never be without). and significant storage!
Whatever you buy, make sure you buy at least a 24,000# GVWR coach, but preferably a 26,000# GVWR coach, as they will have greater load capacities!

,Spend time in it at the dealer or rv shows, and the Newmars suggested, as well. See which you like best. Als, consider where you will get it serviced. I am partialto the Newmar Service Center. Beware dealers may tie it for months on a repair.Look at reviews of the dealers where you may consider to work on it. Look at all the floor plans. See what is the best fit for you.

Just an opinion, Rv Dealerships are focused on sale of new or used RVs. There are exceptions like Independence RV in Orlando but for the most part at Dealerships sales pays the bills. New unit prep will take precedence over other service.
Long wait times has been the norm recently.
Unless you are very handy, and want to work on your coach yourself, a good service group is key.
We do all annual and other service at the Newmar Service Center in Nappanee IN.
We just work into our trips as we live in Florida.

Latest resources

Back