• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Answered Shower not draining properly

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
To follow up, I determined (despite what the Jayco tech told me) that the grey water does in fact have a vent that ties into the black water vent that goes to the roof. Applied low pressure air (30 PSI) to the water connection that is used to flush the black tank. Air bubbled up through the shower drain. Went to the roof and connected a plastic bag around the roof vent and had zero inflation of the bag. To me it was obvious that the vent was totally plugged. I expected to see one of those mud nest when I removed the cap but instead I discovered the quality people at Jayco had the pipe sticking up so high that the cap completely sealed it off. Removed about 3/8 inches of pipe and problem solved. Which tells me there has never been an active vent from day one. It might have worked if the cut on the pipe had been a little crooked but the cap made a perfect seal.

Glad you found the answer. It seems to take two to three years to get all of the bugs worked out on these things. It can be frustrating at times.

Glad you solved the problem.
But you are lucky did not blow up a tank or a connector somewhere by applying 30 psi air pressure to the system. 30 psi maybe ok for your car tires, but for the plastic tanks could be disastrous.

Latest resources

Back