Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

easterdr48

RVF Regular
Hi everyone, I have an Keystone Outback 2010 BH, so I installed new pump to unit newest model. There no leaks, fresh water tank filled, so on 12 V power the pump runs. Doesn't shut off, water flows from spigot but got air pulsating too! Water heater full and released air from the hot water tank. Cannot figure if working correctly or not?

You likely need to adjust the pressure switch.

Did you run the new pump enough to bleed the air out of the system. Air in the system would cause the pump to continue to run. Bleed air (by running water through system) from each faucet, toilet, shower, refrigerator water dispenser, etc.

Did you run the new pump enough to bleed the air out of the system. Air in the system would cause the pump to continue to run. Bleed air (by running water through system) from each faucet, toilet, shower, refrigerator water dispenser, etc.
Yes, each faucet in RV and low points. I even purged air from the hot water heater (not on). Fresh water filled to at 25 gallons if not more. City water off. No electrical power on just 12 V. It is really baffling me.

Do you have a clear inline strainer at the intake of the water pump? I’ve had an air leak into the system due to a bad / mis-seated o-ring. Try completely removing the strainer assembly (it’s male on one side and female in the other so it can be easily removed). If that solves the problem, take a closer look at the o-ring, but sometimes it’s hard to see the issue with it. Look at how the o-ring is seated when completely assembled.

No strainer on inlet side to clean. I did have an small leaking on out side discharge. I notice it when city water was hooked so tighten fitting more.. Maybe that was causing it.. Shurflo tech support gave me some ways to increase or decrease by pressure switch adjustment.

I just experienced first time out with used 5th wheel, pump coming on for no reason throughout the day/night just for a second. Got back home looked for leaks couldn't find any. Filled fresh water and rechecked. After bleeding lines out cold water pulsates. Switched valve from tank to city water and pulsating stops. Pump stopped coming on!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back