Mountain Aire 4519
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan K3
Engine
Cummins 500
TOW/TOAD
2023 Ram 1500
Well, damn the luck! The GlampCamper's Silverleaf display started showing a steady, slow drop in chassis battery volts. Shore power was working properly, but the charger was giving signs of "no funciona para una mierda" (online translations may vary). After some meaningless efforts to diagnose the problem, I called Silverleaf to see if the problem may be one of their modules, especially T-102 that controls the Xantrex charger thing.

It was my good fortune that Silverleaf tech Mark answered the phone. Mark listened carefully to my description of the problem, made his notes, then step-by-step led me through the diagnosis. After poking a few buttons and verifying some settings, he had me grab some tools and head outside to the power bay. Check some fuses, pull a wire, observe some lights, etc. Net result was that the T-102 was not the problem...Mark had served his company well and could have easily ended the call. Instead, he says "well, let's find out what the problem really is."

Now we entered volt meter territory, which is usually on the upper end of my electrical abilities. Another 20 minutes of testing and he tells me we have found a problem that has to be fixed. There's a thing called the solenoid battery isolator...it has two posts and the volts should read the same on each of them, but they don't, which is to say the isolator is really the part that is 'no funciona para una mierda.' Once again, Mark had excelled at his job, and could have ended the call. Instead, he continued by giving me the Newmar part number and price, then offered the manufacturer's name and SKU, which saved me a couple hundred bucks.

The bottom line: I'm extremely grateful for Mark's help. And, I assume (and hope) this is standard practice for Silverleaf techs. If so, it speaks volumes about the company. At the very minimum, I hope that any fellow RVFers dealing with a Silverleaf tech have the good fortune of dealing with Mark.

I, too, have had excellent customer service from SilverLeaf - up and above the call of duty.

That is awesome. I was worried when some of the old guard retired, but it seems like things continue to be solid there.

That is awesome. I was worried when some of the old guard retired, but it seems like things continue to be solid there.
I still miss Art !

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back