Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Six F-150 lightnings charging station an Electrify America charge site. They must be getting closer. Video as well.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Coal powered cars? Lets see the price of power in a year it will follow the price of fuel I'm sure. Plus the making and disposal of the batteries is not very eco friendly. The world would be better served with diesel power.
TB

I kind of like the idea of filling my tank and driving 1,400 miles before I need fuel again. 150 gal. X 9.8 MPG.
Who's paying for all these charging stations?

I kind of like the idea of filling my tank and driving 1,400 miles before I need fuel again. 150 gal. X 9.8 MPG.
Who's paying for all these charging stations?
Kinda cool I suppose. But that would be a totally useless feature for us. If we go that far we fly. And we typically stop every few hours for a pee and coffee refill so 1400 kilometres wouldn’t do a thing for us. To each his own though. Everybody travels different.

Around here generally the vendor installs DC fast chargers. So Tesla, Shell, Petro Can, Electrify Canada which is Volkswagen, ChargePoint, EVGO, BC Hydro, Fortis , FLO etc.

Just think, if they would develope a nuclear power vehicle, it would never need refueled.

Just think, if they would develope a nuclear power vehicle, it would never need refueled.
Hydrogen may be more realistic in our lifetime.

Kinda cool I suppose. But that would be a totally useless feature for us. If we go that far we fly. And we typically stop every few hours for a pee and coffee refill so 1400 kilometres wouldn’t do a thing for us. To each his own though. Everybody travels different.

Around here generally the vendor installs DC fast chargers. So Tesla, Shell, Petro Can, Electrify Canada which is Volkswagen, ChargePoint, EVGO, BC Hydro, Fortis , FLO etc.
Like, subsidized vendors? My tax money stolen from me. I.E. buying things I don't want or need.

Like, subsidized vendors? My tax money stolen from me. I.E. buying things I don't want or need.

No idea for your area. Here for example Tesla spends a ton of money putting these Superchargers in. Same as the rest. I know any infrastructure project gets grants that cover permitting and siting but that’s small peanuts when compared to the cost of putting in a Supercharger. The vendor then buys or leases the property and then pays for the install. In some cases the vendor already owns the property, line shell oil or Petro Canada or even B.C. hydro sometimes. I’m sure every area is different. At least one company up here ( FLO ) actually hires Tesla to do the install because they are pretty good at it. When it’s done they share the lease and then both operate separately.

I’m sure local politics enters into it as well. Really no idea. Not an expert.

Keep on drinking the kool-aid;)

Keep on drinking the kool-aid;)
I don't think that was called for. One could just as easily suggest to keep drinking the dino-aid

Latest resources

Back