Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Six F-150 lightnings charging station an Electrify America charge site. They must be getting closer. Video as well.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Voyageurs

RVF Expert
Kinda cool. Must be getting closer for those who are waiting.

Take the time to watch the video. Some neat stuff. The test drivers were pretty cool about showing it off.

On edit. Got a link directly to the video.

Cheers.

Last edited:
That is nice. Going to take some time before people like myself grow comfortable with timing the charging stops.

That is nice. Going to take some time before people like myself grow comfortable with timing the charging stops.
Hi Jim. After awhile you just build your charge stops into your breaks. We do 90 percent of our charging at home while we sleep. But on road trips we just charge while we are stopped. We never actually stop to charge. We are on the Tesla Supercharger network though. Not sure how it would work for non Teslas.

I think it’s kinda funny that they were all charging on Volkswagen’s network. :). LOL. Maybe someday ford will put in some chargers too. It’s still early in the transition. Who knows.

Cheers.

I guess it works if you are driving in controlled intervals, like a couple hundred miles each. But current-ly, the electric vehicle just doesn't work for the 500+ mile trips that I have to make.

I guess it works well if you are driving in controlled intervals, like a couple hundred miles each. But current-ly, the electric vehicle just doesn't work for the 500 mile trips that I have to make.
A lot depends on driving style. I think 500 miles is like 800 kilometres. We do road trips like that. Nothing really changes for us as we stop for a pee and a coffee every few hundred kilometres anyway. We just charge while we are stopped. Again though, that’s at Superchargers, not sure how it would work at other franchises.

Cheers.

I'd love to drive an electric truck, but if I leave Franklin NC and drive to Pensacola FL, (approx 525 miles), where would I stop to charge my truck? It's hard enough to find a rest area for the dogs to pee, let alone a place where I can charge my car/truck! And even if I could find a place to charge, which I can't, it would add another couple of hours to an already 8 hour trip. That's not realistic at this point. But maybe someday, right? :)

I'd love to drive an electric truck, but if I leave Franklin NC and drive to Pensacola FL, (approx 525 miles), where would I stop to charge my truck? It's hard enough to find a rest area for the dogs to pee, let alone a place where I can charge my car/truck! And even if I could find a place to charge, which I can't, it would add another couple of hours to an already 8 hour trip. That's not realistic at this point. But maybe someday, right? :)

Yah, no idea Jim. I don’t know what you have for charging infrastructure out your way. Out here charging infrastructure is good so a 525 mile trip wouldn’t be an issue.

I can’t speak for the Ford because I don’t know how fast it charges etc, or what rate the charge stations charge at. But in a Tesla, that trip for us wouldn’t take any longer than a gasser. But that’s mostly because on a trip like that we would stop for lunch for sure and probably a pee break or two. A typical supercharger stop for us is 15 minutes or so, may a little longer if we are having lunch.

Also, there’s really no looking for chargers. You just tell the car where you are going. The car knows where all the chargers are and just navigates you there. It’s all pretty effortless. Again though, not sure about that end of the continent.

Cheers.

A typical supercharger stop for us is 15 minutes or so, may a little longer if we are having lunch.

Also, there’s really no looking for chargers. You just tell the car where you are going. The car knows where all the chargers are and just navigates you there. It’s all pretty effortless. Again though, not sure about that end of the continent.

Cheers.
That is awesome! Unfortunately, our area is not supported as well as yours. We're still trying to get cell service (and Internet) out here where I'm at. But it'll be great when we finally do get into the real world.

Thanks for the info!

That is awesome! Unfortunately, our area is not supported as well as yours. We're still trying to get cell service (and Internet) out here where I'm at. But it'll be great when we finally do get into the real world.

Thanks for the info!
No worries. There are APPs that you can download to show infrastructure as well. We use plugshare when getting an idea of infrastructure in an area. But generally we just let the car figure out.

Here’s a quick snapshot of charge infrastructure in your general area. Maybe a little thinner than some areas but not bad. And remember, you start with a 100 percent charge at home. Here’s the snap.

8B2A20B5-1D71-4BB1-9B2D-E45DA795BA6B.png

Zoom that back a bit so I can see what's between Franklin NC and Atlanta GA. And then from Atlanta GA to Pensacola FL. That would be very helpful. Can you do that?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back