Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rodney

RVF Regular
Does it hurt to bump your slide out about 12" without putting the levelers down. I needed gain access to the space under the bed while traveling.

Thanks
Rodney

I assume you mean doing this while parked. :rolleyes:

You don't say what year/brand/model coach you have, but I can't see any reason why this would be a problem. When on the road, we frequently open one slide (partially or completely) to improve access. And, we also open all the slides during an overnight stop without putting down the jacks. If needed, we can level with the HWH air system. My preference is to open the slide fully rather than partially, if possible, in order to seal the opening properly.

TJ

You don't say what year/brand/model coach you have, but I can't see any reason why this would be a problem. When on the road, we frequently open one slide (partially or completely) to improve access. And, we also open all the slides during an overnight stop without putting down the jacks. If needed, we can level with the HWH air system. My preference is to open the slide fully rather than partially, if possible, in order to seal the opening properly.

TJ

TJ
Thanks for the quick reply. I apologize. My coach is a 2020 Holiday Rambler Vacationer. Absolutely while stopped.

Unless there's something different about the Holiday Rambler Vacationer (and, in this area, I can't imagine what it would be), there should be no problem doing what you suggest.

TJ

Latest resources

Back