Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Bruceskie

RVF Regular
In your opinion, does the motorhome/RV have to be level before the slide out will work properly? Specifically on a 2005 Ford coachman, free lander.

I believe with that brand, level first.

In your opinion, does the motorhome/RV have to be level before the slide out will work properly? Specifically on a 2005 Ford coachman, free lander.
Our owner's manual says the coach must be level but we have moved our bedroom slide (it's small) out without the landing gear levelers extended with no problems. We haven't tried the room slide (it's bigger) and don't plan on trying. I don't need the headache if it screws up.

Darrell

Each brand and model can have different instructions....your user manual for your specific model should be your best bet. If you dont have it, many manuals are online now if you google them, or join a user group for that specific year and model and ask an owner to look it up for you. If in doubt level is always good start before moving slides.

Each brand and model can have different instructions....your user manual for your specific model should be your best bet. If you dont have it, many manuals are online now if you google them, or join a user group for that specific year and model and ask an owner to look it up for you. If in doubt level is always good start before moving slides.
Thank you for that wonderful information! Very helpful!

Great information thank you so much

Our owner's manual says the coach must be level but we have moved our bedroom slide (it's small) out without the landing gear levelers extended with no problems. We haven't tried the room slide (it's bigger) and don't plan on trying. I don't need the headache if it screws up.

Darrell
Totally agree! Thank you for the heads up snf and info

Let's consider! If we have a baby carriage including baby. If you are winded and barely have the energy to push said carriage on level smooth sideways, are you ready to push it up a hill?

So some help from someone smarter, I have a 2005 Coachman Freelander M 3100 that has a side arm mechanism on both side. It seem to bind if not close to level which I can deal with but my question is is this system a problem child just waiting to implode? Suggestion and tips appreciated. Thanks

Latest resources

Back