Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
How many do you have in your rig and where do you keep them?

Two - on the ceiling at the entry door and the bedroom ceiling forward of the master bath door. Had two more in the basement area, but with Proteng we no longer use them.

Two - on the ceiling at the entry door and the bedroom ceiling forward of the master bath door.
They're not actually on the ceiling are they?

I have FOUR of these:

Replaced the two junk ones from Newmar in the house. I added one above the electrical cord reel to cover electrical issues both in the electrical and OASIS bay. I have one in the inverter area.

These are awesome. A story as to why:

They're not actually on the ceiling are they?
Yes, on the ceiling. I'm guessing these are Newmar originals.

Last edited:
We have 4
- 2 on Bedroom ceiling, 1 tied into alarm system, 1 standard
- Front door ceiling, tied into alarm system
- Mid-bath access panel behind macerator toilet, to catch any early smoke from below conduits immediately next to that area, standard detector, linked to detector in bedroom

Four. Living and bedroom (from Newmar). I added twowi-fi connected ones one behind the driver seat and one in the electrical bay.

One - relatively in the middle of our 18 foot trailer at countertop height. Carbon monoxide has about the same molecular weight as air so it really doesn't matter where the detector is placed. Fresh batteries, periodic testing and replacing them by the expiration date is what matters. I think its the "Americium 241" radioactive isotope that has the short half-life that drives the relatively short life span of these detectors but don't quote me on that. That might just be for the smoke detector portion.

Rick

We have 2, one in dining room on the ceiling and one on the wall (near the ceiling) in the bedroom

Latest resources

Back