Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Something tells me this is not how to be a snowbird? Seems like this bird went the wrong direction.

IMG_1295.png

Neal, you’re doing it wrong.

I have learned there is a very finite number of locales to enjoy warm weather this time of year. I’d be in FL right now had a health issue not raised its ugly head. Still hoping to get there sometime in Feb.

Hope you get better soon! Yes, there is one way to learn a lesson and that is to get stung. Consider this bird stung! I'm headed for warmer turf next week (hopefully Quartzsite will be warm) and then Casa Grande where I'll be going through therapy for hypothermia and frost bite. My 12 wk old yellow lab for some reason is genetically mutating into a husky with a lab head!

I'll bet that 12-week-old Labusky, Elli, is having a blast in the white stuff! Our two Miniature Schnauzers go bonkers in the snow.

If it is any consolation, we're expecting 3-5 inches of snow on Sunday. Highs next week are forecast to be in the mid-teens and lows in the 6-7 degree range...with NE winds 35-40 mph with gusts to 55. Looks like I may need to use the snowplow...and, arctic parka!

Tucson is looking pretty tempting.

TJ

So, @Neal...where are you? Looks like you may still be in the mountains.

TJ

Flagstaff, AZ - KOA in holding pattern for Quartzsite next week, then two months in Palm Creek to whack the fuzz off fuzzless pickleballs, find heat, train the beast.

Ahhhh, yes.

A timely proverb uttered by an old medicine man of the nomadic Newmar tribe:

"The wise eagle of Arizona soars on the cool breeze of the mountains to the north during summer, and glides peacefully among the Saguaro cactus on the warm winds of winter in the desert to the south."

TJ

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim
The Kayak on the roof adds nice touch :). We choose to spend the winters in the Deep South?
IMG_0477.JPG

That damn kayak, I can't even get it stolen! I guess I need to take the next step and put a sign on it "rare, very expensive, one of a kind, please don't steal even though it's not locked."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back