Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little more snow and you could use it for some sledding, no oars required?

Hope you get better soon! Yes, there is one way to learn a lesson and that is to get stung. Consider this bird stung! I'm headed for warmer turf next week (hopefully Quartzsite will be warm) and then Casa Grande where I'll be going through therapy for hypothermia and frost bite. My 12 wk old yellow lab for some reason is genetically mutating into a husky with a lab head!

The other place to consider for the remainder of the Winter is the low desert between Salton City, CA and Octillo Wells, CA. This is a large BLM area situated between the Anza-Borrego CA State Park and CA86. This time of year the area is populated by thousands of RV's pulling off road machines. The desert floor is very firm in most areas so you will find large class A coaches far from the paved roads. Depending on moisture the desert becomes alive with wild flowers late February, March and early April. Since the area is at or below sea level it tends to be the warmest in the Winter months than Arizona locations.

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 3.01.52 PM.jpg

Just FYI, I just checked Q weather next Thursday 38 low and 68 high pretty much the same for the following week. Should be much better than Flagstaff. Your puppy will love it.

I cannot wait to thaw out! I checked the forecast today too. I will be so happy to leave the frozen tundra!!!!

7 degrees (F) last night walking the pup at 1 AM. 30 degrees now at Noon. I surrender my keys.

That's what they call "Two dog night". By the looks of it , Your puppy needs a buddy?

@Neal, a bit late to ask........what made you think the Flagstaff area weather would be “nice” the middle of January??

I just needed a holding location after Lake Powell and Grand Canyon before Quartzsite. Always heard Flagstaff was nice so I figured I’d check it out. The inch of snow yesterday was pretty [emoji849]

I should have gone back to Mesa or somewhere in the Phoenix area.

Unless you were planning to train for the Iditarod dog sled race....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back