• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Snubbing the Coronavirus

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That’s called traveling in style. Nice rig you have!

Need to pick up some flowers on the next trip to town.

Before

DSC03676.JPG

After

DSC03730.JPG

And some flowers...

1587073499700.jpeg

DSC03842.JPG

Attachments

• DSC03688.JPG
    DSC03688.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Nice job!

With the rock wall behind me, and thinking that I was free to go play somewhere, Trish told me I needed to get working on that pond I promised to make. Apparently, I told her that when I had some time, I would build her a Koi pond. So yeah, kind of hard to say I don't have any free time when I'm quarantined here at the homestead, right?

So here we go again. I have the hole dug, the liner in, and I've been running the front loader up and down between here and the creek picking up (huge) rocks for the edges of the pond. Some of these rocks are so big it was all I could do to get them up the mountain without the tractor tipping over.

Anyhow, I got a good start and Monday I'll line the bottom and sides with stone so that the fish will have a place to hide.

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT: :D I added a couple of new pictures to show where I'm at with this project. I was going to build a new fire pit, but decided to use one that we've had around here for the last 10 years. We had it made special for our property, which we call Deer Springs. So I built a small ring out of bricks, set the fire pit in the ring, and added a few bags of lava rock. I also added a close up of the fire ball so the detail can be seen.

I'll plant grass in the area tomorrow and cover it with wheat straw. Then, on Sunday, we're taking the motor home for a short, 1 week ride down to GA, and hang out at one of the local RV sites.

DSC03764.JPG

DSC03772.JPG

DSC03776.JPG

DSC03783.JPG

DSC03797.JPG

pond.JPG

DSC03884.JPG

1588885696701.jpeg

Attachments

• 1587254601396.jpeg
    1587254601396.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC03837.JPG
    DSC03837.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
@Jim , I sent you my address. When will you be arriving???

That looks like one cool piece of land. Makes me realize I don't make great decisions at times :(

And the best I can do is trim the palm tree infront of the house ?.

@Jim , I sent you my address. When will you be arriving???
lol, I'm on my way buddy!

Truth be known, I probably wouldn't be doing this if weren't for the Covid-19. But it's making my wife happy, and that's never a bad thing. And when the kids come by (a couple of times a year) it'll be a nice place to break out the corn hole, BBQ ribs, and spend some family time. I'm sure they'll be plenty of good times spent sitting around the fire pit and watching the fish swim in the pond.

What, you don't see the fire pit? lol, that's because it's next on Trish's list and I haven't gotten around to it yet. Probably next week. :)

The fire pit will be great, I can't wait to see those pics, who doesn't like a nice fire pit! Have any spare bedrooms?? :)

My motto for anything bad is that something good will come of it. I say this anytime something breaks in/on the coach, at home, wherever. And it's usually the case, just like my LED lighting situation on my recent trip, it was messed up, in consultation with my electrical expert @Chuggs I made that situation so much better in the end.

Latest resources

Back