• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Snubbing the Coronavirus

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
While you guys are "playing House" :) I'm crawling on my knees on the roof of the DS and installing two SoftStart units on my #1 and #3 AC's.
That's great, Buly! I've heard nothing but good about SoftStart.

wow @TJ&LadyDi didn’t know you had a Kolar too! ?
Now we need to get you using it more.
I would love to be using it more, but I need to get my eye issues resolved first. My eye doctor is working on it, but we are not there yet. My eyes water so badly that it is like shooting through Niagra Falls.

TJ

I've been working on a dog-park for our German Shepherds for several years now. I've had to move tons of dead trees and brush, and then cut a road down the side of the mountain to get to where the creek is. In the process, I've uncovered dozens of boulders (and flat rocks) which I have organized into different piles for later use.

So today, I took the front loader down and started hauling the flat rocks up to our house so that I could build a wall (that my wife said we couldn't live without) Anyhow, here is what we have so far.

DSC03676.JPG

DSC03680.JPG

DSC03685.JPG

Have been using the time to catch up on some of the wood working projects I have been wanting to build now that our traveling is on hold for a bit. First was some frames for the posters we picked up on our trip last year. Still have about three left to frame but ran out of glass so moved on to some Adirondack chairs, tables and a bench until I can get to Home Depot.

FLSteve

2.jpg2A.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

@FLSteve, Let me know when you have a set for sale, those look amazing!

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

Very nice work. Like the router table in the background, hat a one of my first woodworking projects. Enjoy your shop while staying in place.

Have been using the time to catch up on some of the wood working projects I have been wanting to build now that our traveling is on hold for a bit. First was some frames for the posters we picked up on our trip last year. Still have about three left to frame but ran out of glass so moved on to some Adirondack chairs, tables and a bench until I can get to Home Depot.

FLSteve

Awesome work. I've been itching to get into wood working. Tried years ago and never did, now that I got into 3D printing it's tickled that desire again and I ordered a bunch of stuff last summer. I wish I had a nicer area for a wood ship but I have half of my 2-car garage to work with minus the area for all of my RV overflow (including the attic) for all that excess RV stuff you're not supposed to buy until you need it! :( Anyways I have a workbench top as you can see in the picture, I think it's 6 feet wide, maybe wider. I have the equipment I think I'll need so now it's time to design a workbench first and foremost and then start woodworking from there. I was supposed to design said workbench during my winter trip but that didn't happen, Palm Creek seems to be the Bermuda Triangle of productivity! So now I have to figure out a plan, find a plan, build the bench, then go from there. I'll never reach what your pictures show nor do I have the place to put anything like that if I made it. I need some land, a small house on a prairie :)

bench-top.png garage.png

We took the motor home out today to exercise the motor and flex the tires. While we were out, we ran by Fat Buddies (our favorite BBQ restaurant) and ordered curbside. Lol The look on the girls face! Then we parked in the lot, put down the jacks, opened the salon slides, and had lunch.

After lunch we headed on to over to Clayton, about 20 miles away, turned around and made the trip back home. It was nice to get away from hauling rocks and being quarantined at the homestead.

DSC03699.JPG

DSC03700.JPG

DSC03703.JPG

DSC03707.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, @Jim; we needed that. Glad you've been able to maintain a sense of humor in the midst of a pandemic and damaging storm. I was hoping you did't go through the drive-through pick-up; overhead clearance might have been an issue. :oops:

TJ

Latest resources

Back