Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
First trailer since a pop up in 1978. (All tent camping) our 5th wheel is about 2 1/2 years old. I have started feeling some soft areas on the floor. Don’t see anything discoloring and no feeling of moisture or reason for the soft feel. One spot is in kitchen and one upstairs near bathroom.

Is this just normal from movement or should I get inspection? 🧐.

are they near the wall or under a window or vent? soft floor is never good, as @B52Bombardier1 predicted, most likely a leak, I've seen it run down inside the walls under a window, from outside and rot the floor inside, had one in the floor, front closet of a 5'ver and traced it to a seam on the roof cap, caulking was pulled away, leaks are tough to find sometimes

When you're looking for a leak is when you find out water defies gravity, it will run uphill.

are they near the wall or under a window or vent? soft floor is never good, as @B52Bombardier1 predicted, most likely a leak, I've seen it run down inside the walls under a window, from outside and rot the floor inside, had one in the floor, front closet of a 5'ver and traced it to a seam on the roof cap, caulking was pulled away, leaks are tough to find sometimes
The one in the kitchen is about 10 inches from a wall at end of island opposite end from sink and the upstairs is between bathroom and outer wall.

I guess my next step will be to disconnect the under belly and start feeling around. Thanks for the response.

Does Forest River have a 2-year warranty?

This is what house inspectors use.

Boat inspectors use same basic tool for core material,but calibration is different.

Likely either would work by checking in known dry locations for a standard to reference.

Boat inspectors use same basic tool for core material,but calibration is different.

Likely either would work by checking in known dry locations for a standard to reference.
Nice, didn't know this tool existed, thanks kevin, off to Amazon, again

Helpful, thanks.

Latest resources

Back