Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Guitarman

RVF Newbee
I own a 2021 Thor Windsport I have solar panels to put on the roof is anyone out there have an idea how big your controller I need for two 370 W panels

Since they are 370w they probably put out around 41v and 10a each. I would go with a Victron 150/35 or 150/45.

This is a link for Victron solar charge controllers:

There are many other cheaper controlers on the market that would probably suit your needs. With just your two panels (guessing because I don’t know your panel specs), you need something that will handle over 82v and 20a. I would plan for the possibility of expanding and buy a controller with excess capacity.

If you buy a Victron controller, consider one of these as well: VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle - Victron Energy . That way you can easily monitor your enertgy production from your smart device.

Or lack of production if you’re in Humbolt County during a rain storm…. 602D10A5-EB16-4124-846D-09E59A404107.png
You can also get more detailed info:
5EAC1BC8-D64B-46B4-A04D-4A9036CC6CAB.png
There’s blue sky on the horizon but for now heavy cloud cover so for the first time on this trip I’m running the generator. If and when I upgrade my battery bank, I won’t need the genny nearly as often.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back