Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

EdwardsImagine2

RVF Regular
Hi, my name is Ruth Edwards and hubby is Chuck. We went out for 10 months in a 19’ Shadow Cruiser (late Fall 2017 to early fall 2018). Hubby had to be sure he was going to like traveling from place to place with no place to really call home before he would commit to going full-time RVing. I was in from day one and our 10-month trip finally convinced him that he was all in, too. We sold the Shadow Cruiser and bought a 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH (Took a couple of trips when we first got the new rig). Then we finally sold our house in Kentucky and we were off on this crazy adventure the day after Thanksgiving 2019. We have just basically been visiting spots we already visited, but plan on going up north once the weather warms up a bit. Then across the top of the country and down the east coast and back across the south to the desert southwest for the winter. Cannot wait to visit new places and meet new people, sneak across the border into Canada a time or two, also.

Welcome to RVF, @EdwardsImagine2; glad to have you here with us. Sounds like you have some exciting adventures planned. Be sure to keep us up-to-date on where you are, what you are doing and tips from what you've learned from your adventure. We're also here to help you along the way if you need it.

TJ

TJ, thanks for your warm welcome. I’m sure we’ll have many questions as we travel along life’s (or at least USA and Canadian) highways. For now I’ll continue reading the stories from the site.

Welcome. I always said I would wanna home base, then the reality was I didn’t know where home base should be. We went full time Dec 2017 and haven’t figured out where home base will be. Enjoying the life style. One day I’ll grow up and settle down.

NWIP, gave me a chuckle, thanks for that. We are looking at property here in Nevada today. Wanna buy a small plot of land to call home but not have a ”real” house. Kinda gotten used to our home on wheels. Lovin’ it so far!

Welcome @EdwardsImagine2 - the RV lifestyle is amazing. Enjoying your story and looking forward to hearing about your future travels. Great having you join us here.

Welcome to the forum @EdwardsImagine2 and good luck on your full-time adventure. Sounds like fun but I've got too much stuff to ever think about doing this full time.

Greetings! And congrats on dropping those anchors that keep us bound to the dirt! My wife & I have been full-time for 3 years and it has been an adventure! Only advice I have is to be flexible because the best plans can jump in the toilet! It is part of the nomadic life! Great to have you and remember to share with us.

Welcome to the forum @EdwardsImagine2 and good luck on your full-time adventure. Sounds like fun but I've got too much stuff to ever think about doing this full time.
Surprisingly was pretty easy to get rid of schtuff!!! Kept repeating, can’t take it with me when I go as I gave away or sold our possessions. It became amazingly easy once we saw the people’s faces that we shared the stuff with. Our furniture (solid oak most of it with a few antiques thrown in for good measure) went to Habitat for Humanity so they could sell it to get money to build someone else a home. We feel really great about that! Hubby found it hardest to part with his power tools and the like. But we did it and are down to about 10 plastic tubs filled with what we couldn’t part with, so paying a storage bill for the foreseeable future. Not bad really, nothing like seeing this great country of ours, meeting new people, and just de-stressing. Safe travels.

Latest resources

Back