• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Sold House, Full-Timing Now

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Greetings! And congrats on dropping those anchors that keep us bound to the dirt! My wife & I have been full-time for 3 years and it has been an adventure! Only advice I have is to be flexible because the best plans can jump in the toilet! It is part of the nomadic life! Great to have you and remember to share with us.
Thanks, hubby keeps reminding me that there are gonna be days we just have to smile through because something terrible is going on. So far we’ve managed to overcome all obstacles put in our way, thank goodness. Like the day we were in the Redwood Forest and hubby just had to go up into a mountainous area (boondocking). We went up and up this narrow dirt road. Got about 2 1/2 miles in and the road dead ended at a washout. Oops, now what? He backed our rig down about a 1/4 of a mile where it was wide enough for us to turn our 19 footer around. I was scared it would go off the cliff. Not hubby, we got it turned around. We spent 10 days on that dirt road with nothing around us but the sound of animals and the trees. It was awesome! Smile, makes people wonder what you’re up to.

Hi and Wecome!

You‘re living the Dream! We have been RVing for a few years now and DH is also hesitant on FTing suddenly! We have talked about it for years and he’s getting cold feet.

We have been shedding stuff from the house and are really down to furniture and what we use and what we need to show the house to sell it.

Met with 3 Realtors who now informed us we may have missed the sales season for the south!! It started in January and we are at the tail end of it. We may have to wait until the fall to get in. This is specific to our area, neighborhood, schools, etc. OIY!!

Really glad to hear you are loving it and looking forward to more travels!

Tina, hopefully you can keep hope alive. Things seem to happen when they are supposed to happen. It took 7 months to get our home sold (beginning of May to end of November) and we almost lost hope. It finally DID happen and here we are, full-timers and happy. Good luck!

Hi, my name is Ruth Edwards and hubby is Chuck. We went out for 10 months in a 19’ Shadow Cruiser (late Fall 2017 to early fall 2018). Hubby had to be sure he was going to like traveling from place to place with no place to really call home before he would commit to going full-time RVing. I was in from day one and our 10-month trip finally convinced him that he was all in, too. We sold the Shadow Cruiser and bought a 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH (Took a couple of trips when we first got the new rig). Then we finally sold our house in Kentucky and we were off on this crazy adventure the day after Thanksgiving 2019. We have just basically been visiting spots we already visited, but plan on going up north once the weather warms up a bit. Then across the top of the country and down the east coast and back across the south to the desert southwest for the winter. Cannot wait to visit new places and meet new people, sneak across the border into Canada a time or two, also.
How did you like your shadow cruiser? I'm looking at the 240bhs but cant find much about the company.

Welcome from Georgia!

Welcome and congratulation. Here is to many years of happy camping.

Latest resources

Back