Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I left Salem, SD this morning and have to say the small CG there was wonderful. A lot of times us RVers are going to destinations for whatever the attraction there is at that destination. We can sometimes miss some of the most amazing beauty of our country, the landscape of farm lands. The ability to be out in a field and look all around you to see nothing but farms and silos is such a liberating experience. Getting away from the hustle and bustle of city/town life is a great opportunity as an RVer. Harvest Hosts offers opportunities for this but when looking for campgrounds, don't overlook some amazing opportunities of an escape you may not expect by just getting away from everything.

I stayed at Dakota Sunsets RV Park. As I drove east today I asked myself why I didn't go a little further to Sioux Falls. I made the right choice for a two night rest stop.

So true. Traveling across Nebraska & Iowa in the spring/early summer with all the tall corn at its full growth is a beautiful sight. Coming back through in October certainly leaves you with a different perspective…..not bad but certainly not as magnificent.

I stayed at Dakota Sunsets RV Park. As I drove east today I asked myself why I didn't go a little further to Sioux Falls. I made the right choice for a two night rest stop.
Interesting @Neal, We are booked at Dakota Sunsets this August for 2 nights as we head back East....

Agreed. When I commuted between Minneapolis and DE Moines, (weekly) I was blessed with sunrises and sunsets over fields of grains. Truly a magnificent sight. Also loved the folks I met along the way. Tried to stop in small towns along the way, when time allowed.

I delivered a Ram chassis to a Roustabout Company in North Dakota from Chattanooga, TN. The corn was in full bloom. I soon realized that the middle of this country is nothing but corn!!!! I drove through the corn fields forever it seemed!!! :ROFLMAO:

@Neal , When you get back to Midlothian, there's a place called Cozy Acres Campground. It's 18 miles from "downtown" Midlothian.
Pasture, cows, 3 lakes, tree lined, & relaxing. Satellite is spotty due to trees, internet service is moderate.
3 fish ponds with some average size bass, big Brem, one pond with catfish.
If you just want a weekend of downtime & relaxing, it's close to you!
Just an FYI!
Safe travels coming back home!

@Neal , When you get back to Midlothian, there's a place called Cozy Acres Campground. It's 18 miles from "downtown" Midlothian.
Pasture, cows, 3 lakes, tree lined, & relaxing. Satellite is spotty due to trees, internet service is moderate.
3 fish ponds with some average size bass, big Brem, one pond with catfish.
If you just want a weekend of downtime & relaxing, it's close to you!
Just an FYI!
Safe travels coming back home!
Thank you for the info. I'll have to check it out someday. I also want to get over to the Powhatan State Park which is supposed to be real nice. I kayak'd there once, didn't take the RV.

Latest resources

Back