Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
400hp
TOW/TOAD
2007 CR-V
Fulltimer
No
Spending the week at nice campground in Longs, SC and as we were going for a walk, I noticed an older Newmar Essex which caught my eye. Why? Because the roof vent covers are facing the wrong way... I was thinking that at 65mph, that would be catching a lot of air. And then when I thought more about it, the roof vents themselves would be facing the wrong way to work properly. Or did they reverse them a well?

Has anyone every seen this before?
I really wanted to ask the owner...but didn't...

Rich

vents.jpg

I am a bit surprised that they are still on the coach. Maybe the AC unit just ahead of them is deflecting the air enough to avoid ripping them off. I have never seen an installation quite like that, so can only guess that they were a DIY project gone awry.

Doubtful that the vents themselves are installed backwards unless...(see DIY above!). :LOL:

TJ

Ram air induction.

I agree that I also doubt the roof vents are also backwards...but if they are still installed as designed (opening facing the back), then those vents cannot be doing much...as the lid would block any flow... Really made me curious...

And if they are flipped, and they open the vents while driving, they will get some serious ventilation (as USMCRet suggested)...

They keep the dump tank smells flow away from the interior while driving. Smart move ??

Thought of going over to mention it to them? May help them realize the problem.

Yea...I could have knocked on the door and asked but you never know how people will take it....

I have, in the past, pointed out similar, obvious issues that I thought the owner might want to know about! And, have been told to mind my own business in not-so polite terms. So, I now do. ;)

TJ

When it rains..does water drip from the vents while driving? I would imagine some water might get scooped up, and not be able to adequately drain.

Latest resources

Back