RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2021 Chevy Trailblazer
Fulltimer
No
I have a damaged baggage door that requires a little fixin'. The metal work is nearly done and nearly ready for paint. Now I need paint. Yes backwards...get the paint before committing to needing it. Save the sermon, please.;) I have acquired the BASF paint formulas for all 4 colors in waterborne and solvent bases, but only need 1 of the 4. I have contacted Newmar, only to find out they do not sell paint, only touch-up kits. I need about a pint. The nearest BASF distributor is 50ish miles away. I have contacted 3 on-line companies that provide color matched custom colors in aerosol. Thus far only 1 has returned a response saying they're busy, it could take a week to respond and do NOT call to see when the quote will be ready. AutomotiveTouchup.com, paintscratch.com, and one more (a senior moment).

Does anyone know of a source for 8 to 12 oz spray cans or bulk paint for sprayer, of Newmar/BASF paint? Need 56680 Cajun Spice Obsidian.

Maybe Joe Gentry in Newmar parts can reach out to someone in paint to fill a special order and get you a small quantity. Any chance you or someone you know that may be at Camp Newmar that could pick it up or try to find someone with connections to paint to get you a jar? May have to work some sneaky backchannels but I don't see why they couldn't supply a "larger amount of touch-up" paint. The other option is reach out to a reputable Newmar dealer such as NIRVC and see if they can get you what you need?

BaSF is very hard to find in the USA. You need to contact them to find a local distributor, and they can provide you with a local paint shop. It might not be so close

When I got a touch up kit from Newmar it came from:
Steve Bell
574-293-9920
Industrial Fnishes
1123 Verdant
Elkhart, In 46516

Might give him a call

BaSF is very hard to find in the USA. You need to contact them to find a local distributor, and they can provide you with a local paint shop. It might not be so close
When I got a touch up kit from Newmar it came from:
Steve Bell
574-293-9920
Industrial Fnishes
1123 Verdant
Elkhart, In 46516

Might give him a call

Thanks to you both. Industrial finishes comes up on the BASF site as a supplier near me. 50ish miles away. Likely the supplier to Newmar? I have made a request to them. I've also contacted my Newmar dealer (Midway) asking their advise in obtaining some paint. I tried one more time with Newmar service at the mothership to no avail.

You can get empty spray bottles at home depot that you pour the paint in and pressurize to spray. Maybe that will work for you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back