• Commercial/Vendors welcome

SpaceX Starlink is now available to the public –'first come, first serve'

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
is the system portable now. I was told they were a ways away from making it portable beyond your home base

is the system portable now. I was told they were a ways away from making it portable beyond your home base
As soon as it is delivered, we'll find out:)

It probably goes without saying, this will probably be the future for those who do not have access to DSL, cellular or cable internet. From the reviews I've read, the equipment seems to be well engineered, but, not yet really suitable for mobile (as in different locations not going down the road).
My hat goes off to those of you willing to spend your dollars & time to figure out this 'bleeding edge' technology.

Watching the Videos on this Starlink service. Apparently the service is geographically compartmentalized. There are geographic limits based on the designated service address. So at least initially, this system looks to not be a reliable traveling source of Internet access. Clearly the technical ability is there as many commercial Beta testers are using this service on Boats, Planes and Space ships (Raptor 9 boosters). The limits are software based. So there is hope....

Excited to see news about this FCC application. One step closer to making Starlink available to RVers.

Starlink huh? Has anyone seen Terminator?

Latest resources

Back