• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Spartan DPF Regeneration

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Something I just learned as I had an Active Regen message showing while in city traffic. Message disappeared when less than 40mph and message reappeared once speed exceeded 40mph. Found this interesting as one would not know anything was happening or isn’t happening below 40mph. This leads to since you don’t know any better, shutting down with an active regen could never happen?

This leads to since you don’t know any better, shutting down with an active regen could never happen
Hmmm, well I was driving from Angel Fire to Santa Fe when I had an active regen. It was mountain driving and I had to come to a complete stop as a lane was closed. By the time I got to the park and then Balloon Fiesta, I had nothing but troubles and warning lights going off. After Balloon Fest, Spartan told me to get into Cummins and that maybe I should have it towed. I risked it. As it turned out the DPF got stuck with matter A passive regen took care of it. It also takes much longer than an active one. I’m with Big Mike, don’t stop if you can help it. Let it do its job.

I dunno, @NWIP; we had an active regen a while back while crawling through Seattle Traffic at about 15 mph. The jury is still out for us.

TJ

I dunno, @NWIP; we had an active regen a while back while crawling through Seattle Traffic at about 15 mph. The jury is still out for us.

TJ
@TJ&LadyDi, confirmed yesterday our coach REGEN extinguishes below 20mph and illuminates at 40mph. Think I’ll reach out to Spartan if this is normal. Maybe different with earlier model years

@TJ&LadyDi, confirmed yesterday our coach REGEN extinguishes below 20mph and illuminates at 40mph. Think I’ll reach out to Spartan if this is normal. Maybe different with earlier model years
I've seen this numerous times. If REGEN is taking place and I'm going through an area with traffic lights, the REGEN will stop when I slow down and then start back up once I'm moving again. I haven't check my speed, but what you say sounds about right.

Thanks, @NWIP. Let us know what Spartan says.

Best to you and Lisa.

TJ

Folks. Please THINK about the Regen Process when you start considering so much.

Do you REALLY think every vehicle with a DEF system has to pull over, slow down, or find a concrete pad to park on every time they go through a regen cycle? Of course not!!

Just DRIVE! My truck mechanic laughed about this subject. Every rig with DEF goes through a regen cycle often. That’s why you use 3-6% DEF FLUID. No need to change your driving when this happens.
Actually the DPF uses diesel and the SCR uses DEF. DEF has nothing to do with regen.

The regen need for the dpf issue is largely wrong and exaggerated. The root cause is a failed sensor, and a new sensor or an emulated sensor is the only solution until cummins offers a 3rd option of removing the derate when the def sensor fails.

some useful tips on Regen cycles and care

The regen need for the dpf issue is largely wrong and exaggerated. The root cause is a failed sensor, and a new sensor or an emulated sensor is the only solution until cummins offers a 3rd option of removing the derate when the def sensor fails.
Difference between DPF and DEF please? Also when you say sensor do you mean the NOX sensor? Just had that replaced and still get "Low DEF" readings and check engine light on. Just came from Nappanee and they did a regen as part of the annual checkup.I don't ever get anything that say regb in progress on the dash. Thoughts?

Latest resources

Back