Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Kyle

RVF Newbee
Can anyone help me with an issue I am having with out 2011 Tiffin Allegro 35’ class A motor home... the rear stabilizer jacks are malfunctioning... they will extend fully... and will retract until the weight is off of them but won’t retract any further and won’t retract to the “home” position... can anyone offer any assistance or recommend how to fix this? Thank you in advance!

From my learning on this forum recommended procedure is to liberally spray extended jack with WD40. Especially up into recess where leg comes out. I had a sticky rear leg on my 36LA , & that solved the problem.

From my learning on this forum recommended procedure is to liberally spray extended jack with WD40. Especially up into recess where leg comes out. I had a sticky rear leg on my 36LA , & that solved the problem.
Thank you for the input... I have tried that 3 different times and it doesn’t seem to help at all so I think there is a different issue but thank you so much for your help!

Never had a tiffin, but most hydraulic jacks have a manual pressure release. This will allow them to retract. If you can post up the make and model of your jacks I'm sure someone will know the answer, even if the coach is some other brand.

Never had a tiffin, but most hydraulic jacks have a manual pressure release. This will allow them to retract. If you can post up the make and model of your jacks I'm sure someone will know the answer, even if the coach is some other brand.
Great thanks! I will do that!

I have a 2012 Tiffin Allegro Red with HWH Jack system. I had the partial retract problem that lasted for a year or two. These are 2 steps that solved the problem for me. After wiping down to clean any dust or debris off the jack, lubricate with either wd40 as most would recommend or I use BoeShield T-9 (which I use on slides, steps, jacks and anything else that moves.) Be sure to liberally spray up beyond where jack retracts and let excess run. Use a 2nd clean cloth to lightly spread and wipe off any excess lubricant. I do this after each trip and occasionally on the road if parked in a particularly sandy or rainy environment. The second thing was to learn how to check fluid level and fill the hydraulic pump. It is in an awkward spot and takes a little gymnastics to put together the right tools. If it is overfilled, the excess is pushed out and makes a mess, but doesn't appear to cause any problems. After proper fluid level is reached this should not have to be done with any regularity since it is a closed Hydraulic system. Once the fluid level was adjusted properly, and jacks cleaned regularly, the problem was eliminated. Good luck.

Can anyone help me with an issue I am having with out 2011 Tiffin Allegro 35’ class A motor home... the rear stabilizer jacks are malfunctioning... they will extend fully... and will retract until the weight is off of them but won’t retract any further and won’t retract to the “home” position... can anyone offer any assistance or recommend how to fix this? Thank you in advance!
Pretty common issue, on mine as well. The WD40 works very well, for my anyway. Spray it before you hit the auto retract button (or manual) and I'll bet you'll be just fine.

I have a 2012 Tiffin Allegro Red with HWH Jack system. I had the partial retract problem that lasted for a year or two. These are 2 steps that solved the problem for me. After wiping down to clean any dust or debris off the jack, lubricate with either wd40 as most would recommend or I use BoeShield T-9 (which I use on slides, steps, jacks and anything else that moves.) Be sure to liberally spray up beyond where jack retracts and let excess run. Use a 2nd clean cloth to lightly spread and wipe off any excess lubricant. I do this after each trip and occasionally on the road if parked in a particularly sandy or rainy environment. The second thing was to learn how to check fluid level and fill the hydraulic pump. It is in an awkward spot and takes a little gymnastics to put together the right tools. If it is overfilled, the excess is pushed out and makes a mess, but doesn't appear to cause any problems. After proper fluid level is reached this should not have to be done with any regularity since it is a closed Hydraulic system. Once the fluid level was adjusted properly, and jacks cleaned regularly, the problem was eliminated. Good luck.
Thank you so much! I’m going to give that a try... I lubricated the jacks with WD 40 but from a distance and thought I was getting enough on it... but it sounds like I need to take more time and be more thorough and more precise with this and really get in there and clean it first as well and do this repeatedly and see if it starts working better. Thanks again for the advice and hopefully it works! Thanks again!

Latest resources

Back