Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
It looks like the game may have changed for Starlink. Now they are offering a Premium service level that allows unlimited service locations whereas the standard service level allows 3. I'm not sure how this is going to affect RVers that are on the move and have the need to change locations. Here is the blurb from their FAQ area of the site in the account info area:

While service is only guaranteed at the active location on your account, you can update your service address or add additional Starlink orders at new locations as availability permits. Please read below for more details.

To Update your Service Address For permanent moves, you can update your Service Address location, as availability permits, from your account here.

• You will be unable to change your address if the new area does not have current service availability.
  • By changing your location, you may not be able to return to your original address based on service availability. Once updated, service at your previous address will be disconnected, and the spot will become available to new customers.
  • Deposit holders can update their service address at any time before Starlink ships. Orders are fulfilled based on the date of your initial Starlink order within your coverage area. Your place in the queue at the new location will still be based on your initial order date.
  • To transfer service ownership upon moving, please contact support.
To Add Additional Locations For secondary locations, you can place another Starlink order, as availability permits, by clicking "+" in the Locations section of your account here.

• Each additional location requires the purchase of a Starlink and Starlink subscription.
  • There is a limit of 3 locations per account and no location limit for Premium accounts.
  • If the new area does not have service availability, you will have the ability to place a deposit for that location.
  • You cannot add a location in a different country.
Limitations:

• Country Moves - We do not support Starlink use in a different country at this time. To use Starlink in a different country, you must create an account in the desired country.
  • In Motion Use - We do not support Starlink use in motion at this time and mobility use is currently prohibited until we have obtained all necessary approvals. While our teams are actively working to make it possible to use Starlink on moving vehicles (e.g. automobiles, RVs, boats) in the future, Starlink is not yet configured to be safely used in motion.

I cancelled my order. I'm going to wait for this to stabilize. For now my Pepwave BR1 Pro 5G is more than adequate for my connectivity.

As an FYI, we are proceeding with our Starlink order for our home/office in Southport, NC. Scheduled delivery is 2/9/2022.
Over the past several years we have invested significant $'s in order to maintain the business operations in the event we experience disruptive weather (hurricanes/flooding). Starlink will provide another backup/fail over in the event we experience inclement weather. I am happy to report these expenditures have worked. In 2021 we experienced no disruptive weather.
Sort of like snapping my fingers to keep the elephants away. But, there are no wild elephants in Southport you say. My response, works good doesn't it?

Latest resources

Back