• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Starlink price increase

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My hunch is your Marathon coach is metal walled so paddles indoors won’t work well. You’d need a temporary solution when parked to get an external antenna or a roof mount setup. Newmar’s are fiberglass and probably why paddles can work well for them. No expert. Just a hunch.
This makes sense to me.
In our Renegade, we have fiberglass walls, but even with fiberglass, the signal strength with paddles is impacted and signal is better when the paddles are near a window in the direction of the tower.
As a result, we don’t have the Pepwave in a cabinet, but sitting on a counter.

I think @Neal needs to talk to his buddy Elon and get us added to the friends & family plan.

I think @Neal needs to talk to his buddy Elon and get us added to the friends & family plan.
Between Elon and Jeff, Neil is getting financial kickbacks enough to retire.

Just realized that Starlink Mini is 12 DC powered. Good choice for out door, out back use.

Starlink roam plan goes to165/mo but now includes in motion use.

I got the same email, except it didn’t include the sentence listing the new $165 monthly fee. 🤷‍♂️. Like Neil I use Starlink only as a backup with my primary service being T-Mobile Home Internet. I’ve only paid for less than two months of Starlink service this past year. Been in the road for the past 5.5 months. I do plan on installing a cellular antenna on the roof using the whip/conduit from the cabinet above the door to the former WiFi Ranger box on the roof.

I did the math the following way: My travel is typically two-month or less intervals no more than three times a year. So if I take 165*6=990 a year compared to 110/mo (for two carriers) whether I am using the coach or not, which is 1320 a year, yes, you can suspend the cell plans, but there is a catch: If you don't turn it back on fairly quickly, you will get pushed into a higher monthly plan even for prepaid. I have turned off AT&T prepaid and will keep T-mobile for a while longer, but I may turn it off eventually as it is unnecessary.

Pathetic excuse to raise the monthly rate - adding features that a VERY small minority can/will use.

May need to consider going back to cellular. Just wish I could find a reasonable cellular plan that has 300gb a month data cap.
We are using TMobile home internet with 5g access and no data caps.

There is a rumor they are going to change to a more expensive plan for people that are mobile and, if they do, we will switch to the FMCA TMobile plan that is also unlimited.

I did the math the following way: My travel is typically two-month or less intervals no more than three times a year. So if I take 165*6=990 a year compared to 110/mo (for two carriers) whether I am using the coach or not, which is 1320 a year, yes, you can suspend the cell plans, but there is a catch: If you don't turn it back on fairly quickly, you will get pushed into a higher monthly plan even for prepaid. I have turned off AT&T prepaid and will keep T-mobile for a while longer, but I may turn it off eventually as it is unnecessary.

Though I don’t like the increase, the ability to indefinitely pause it moves the scale towards SL. The cellular options leave me with having to pay for when we don’t travel, or I have to remember to skip one month but pay the next month, in order to not lose that grandfathered ATT plan.

Though I don’t like the increase, the ability to indefinitely pause it moves the scale towards SL. The cellular options leave me with having to pay for when we don’t travel, or I have to remember to skip one month but pay the next month, in order to not lose that grandfathered ATT plan.
True, but I have to keep my cellular plans as they aren't available any longer and I can't trust SL to work at every stop. So for me, cellular is my baseline and something I continue to pay, in fact just renewed my AT&T Prepaid to keep it alive today, and SL will be my backup or my luxury option when I want to use it.

True, but I have to keep my cellular plans as they aren't available any longer and I can't trust SL to work at every stop.
Besides 30,000 speed tests is time consuming.

Latest resources

Back