Starlink price increase

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well I didnā€™t even pay my first bill and it went upšŸ™

Between Elon and Jeff, Neil is getting financial kickbacks enough to retire.
I know I promised to have the same motorhome for hoots but this increase may make need a motorhome without SLšŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

True, but I have to keep my cellular plans as they aren't available any longer and I can't trust SL to work at every stop. So for me, cellular is my baseline and something I continue to pay, in fact just renewed my AT&T Prepaid to keep it alive today, and SL will be my backup or my luxury option when I want to use it.
Understand the baseline idea.
I am still working full-time, so internet is a requirement for me, not an optional luxury.
Though I mayyy complain about the costs, I still maintain the ATT 100GB grandfathered plan (half the cost of the current ATT offering). This next week we are paying for another month of ATT to keep that backup plan in place.

We would love to find an unlimited sim plan that could work in the Pepwave that was a reasonable cost (ie - less than Starlink).

We did the hot spots a couple/few years ago from FMCA, but the antenna and signal strength is very poor compared to what the Pepwave provides. Gave up trying to get the sim from FMCA to work in the Pepwave.

Since internet is not a luxury but a requirement for my work, we have to keep primary internet in place and then 2 backup internet sources in place.

I know I promised to have the same motorhome for hoots but this increase may make need a motorhome without SLšŸ˜‚
You're just looking for an excuse for a King Aire.

Understand the baseline idea.
I am still working full-time, so internet is a requirement for me, not an optional luxury.
Though I mayyy complain about the costs, I still maintain the ATT 100GB grandfathered plan (half the cost of the current ATT offering). This next week we are paying for another month of ATT to keep that backup plan in place.

We would love to find an unlimited sim plan that could work in the Pepwave that was a reasonable cost (ie - less than Starlink).

We did the hot spots a couple/few years ago from FMCA, but the antenna and signal strength is very poor compared to what the Pepwave provides. Gave up trying to get the sim from FMCA to work in the Pepwave.

Since internet is not a luxury but a requirement for my work, we have to keep primary internet in place and then 2 backup internet sources in place.
You might want to check out mobilemusthave.com and 5gstore.com is selling plans. I havenā€™t looked them closely but they might have something meets your needs.

Many people are not happy about the recent price increase at Starlink myself included. Previous to Starlink, I had two 100GB SIM card plans.

I just checked my Starlink data usage for the past month as we were gone for longer than usual. We used 502 GB between two people working and streaming. I would have maxed my SIM card data and then been throttled. While we donā€™t like the price increase, it saved us having to run to free WiFi place or use our phones as hot spots.

1726418903200.png

Absolutely! If you don't have grandfathered unlimited plans or a slide deck of 100 GB sim cards...this is the answer.

Now I just wonder, was 450 GB of that speed tests?

High Speed GIF by Saweetie

Now I just wonder, was 450 GB of that speed tests?
You know it was or him looking for new tofu recipes for him and ARD.

I have to agree with @sheridany, though I donā€™t like the price increase, between my Bride and my usage, we have exceeded 570GB in less than a month.
It is expensive, but it reduces stress, excess cell plan data fees and less stress around managing our data usage.

Attachments

• IMG_6820.jpeg
    IMG_6820.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 1

Latest resources

Back