Dutch Star
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ram
Fulltimer
Yes
For those that have Starlink, where is the best path for the cable that connects the outside antenna to the router indoors?

I have my cable bundle in the shore power bay. I disconnect it from the dishy and stow the dishy on its own. I ran the 75ft cable over the wall behind the cord reel and then over the walls to the front right (passenger side) bay where I have 120V power and a shelf, it sits on the shelf in the back forward corner. I have the ethernet connection and have an ethernet cable running to my pepwave. Not required but its a more permanent better connectivity solution in my opinion.

I put the long cable in the electric bay, put the router in the bay between the slides on the passenger side because I have extra 120 volt outlets in that bay. Seems to be working great.
Thanks Neal.

Very nice! Right now I'm just looping the cable around my elbow then wrap it around itself and laying it in the bay. Need to improve this. Would be nice if I had two vertical spools, one for coax, one for Starlink mounted on the left wall. I may look organized for once!

I’d rather not run the cable in through a window, so I put the router in a convenient bay. However, the floors on my coach are very thick and well insulated, so the signal deteriorates quickly as I move toward the back of the 45 foot coach and I get farther away from the bay. So, I sprung for the extra $130 and bought a Starlink mesh. I put the mesh inside the coach just above the bay in which the router is located. That gives me great coverage throughout the Coach.

Granted, I could’ve run the wire in through the window, or I could have installed some sort of a conduit for a permanent solution through the wall of the coach, but we spent nine months of the year in the coach, so I wanted something a little more finished. Also, I use the mesh with my Starlink for the three months of the year we’re at our house. So I have a double use for the mesh, making it less of a frivolous expense.

With regard to the double use – nine months on the road and three months at home - I went with the residential set up which costs $110 a month, and when I am on the road, I add Starlink Portability service, which raises the monthly cost to $135 a month, which is the same as the RV monthly cost. Portability can be turned off or paused when you are not using it, the same as you can do with the RV program. This gives me the prioritized signal for the time that I am at my homebase, and it gives me the RV signal when I’m on the road. Portability and RV give the same signal strength.

Latest resources

Back