Chassis
F550
Engine
Titan V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Polaris Slingshot
Fulltimer
No
Getting ready to install a RoadMaster. Heard there good, we will see. :)
0CB9AAFF-BEA6-4AA5-A20D-2EF1960C613F.jpeg

I have a "Saf-T-Plus" on mine, and it made a big difference in steering improvement!
Wish the same for you!
Good Luck!

Yes it did. It worked out very well. I am no longer having to work at keeping for going all over the place. Much more pleasurable to drive!

Getting ready to install a RoadMaster. Heard there good, we will see. :)
Have you done the cheap handling fix (CHF) yet? Makes a world of difference. Ford provides two settings (adjustment holes) on the sway bars. You simply move the torsion bar links from one hole to the other hole. I did it on my last motor home and it made a HUGE difference. I went from wandering all over the place, especially when a big rig blew by, to one hand cruising at the speed of traffic.

Did you install it yourself? If so how difficult was it? Any special tools needed?

Did you install it yourself? If so how difficult was it? Any special tools needed?
It was not hard at all. It took about 30 min to actually do the job after gettin my tools and raising the coach with the front levelers. The only grunt part is to get the 2 nuts off the right back bracket that holds the front Axle on. I prepped by spraying PB Blaster on the nuts/the ads and cleaned with a wire brush and sprayed again. I broke them loose with a 1/2 breaker bar with handle extension “pipe”. Then used my 1/2 battery impact wrench. There is a video on install for it too on YouTube.

Now I have been turning wrenches most my life so easy for me maybe subjective, but easy to get to, 2 nuts to remove, install one bracket, and tighten 6 nuts. All easy reach.

Where do we find a torsion bar or is this only on a class A ? I have a 2021 class C coleman 23cm I do see a sway bar but no extra holes maybe thats class A only as well. I have a E 350 ford and think I will add the road master as well, them big trucks are giving me a fit. No way to drive the interstate.

I think thats a good place to start thanks, Im mounting the front receiver tire carrier and spare tire on the front this weekend to get a little more weight forward. My steering seems light.

Latest resources

Back