Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Knessie

RVF Newbee
We just bought a 2009 holiday rambler 30 ft , it does have steering suspension and the front and back shocks, but driving it home , it was hard to keep on the road, any suggestions ?

What holiday gambler is it. Is it a Neptune or what.

First have a competent technician that is familiar with the RV model inspect the suspension to insure proper operation. Correct any worn out parts, then be sure alignment is correct. If problem persists look on the many model specific boards for others that have had this issue.

Last edited:
Here is a posting of well known suspension issues with your model

Source engineering will be your best bet to answer your questions. They are great to Work with and have done years of research. Go on the Internet and give them a call.keep us posted.

Here is a posting of well known suspension issues with your model

I'm not sure this applies. His is a 2009 and the recall ended 5 years earlier. But it's still something to consider.

We just bought a 2009 holiday rambler 30 ft , it does have steering suspension and the front and back shocks, but driving it home , it was hard to keep on the road, any suggestions ?
The steering boxes on these Class A RV's are notorious for having a lot of "slop" in them. Lots of play from side to side. The TRW box is adjustable. The Shepherd M100 is not adjustable. You should determine which box you have. If you see a place on the side of the box to loosen a nut and turn a slotted post with a screw driver then it's probably the TRW. If it's the Shepherd M100 you may just have to live with it because it you have it replaced the new one may be just as bad. Make sure your front end alignment is good. This will add to the problem!

Point taken. My mistake. It was the Neptune model that went to 2009 according to Source Engineering.

trail arm kit.jpg

Sorry Joe. I didn't even see the Neptune went through 2009. I thought they all ended in 2005.

I've read a lot more complaints about the steering boxes than I have the rear suspensions though haven't you? The IRV2 forum has HUNDREDS of pages about the steering boxes! My coach is at the repair shop getting my Shepherd M100 rebuilt as we speak. Mine didn't have too much slop in it but a seal started pouring fluid all over the driveway. ? ? ? $2200 to get it rebuilt and replaced including labor. I'm not happy.

Latest resources

Back