Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

JHC

RVF Newbee
Looking to upgrade my stereo in the Imagine XLS. Currently have the Jensen JWM41 (48 watts!). I replaced the stock speakers inside with some 5.25 Kickers. Some improvement but it's the head unit that needs to go. Any suggestions? I've searched but haven't come up with any viable direct replacement.

Thanks.

That’s a wall mount RV stereo, so your direct replacement options are a bit limited as far as I know but there are some out there. To really make a difference you’ll probably want to reconfigure to add a subwoofer and an amplifier along with the new head unit. That could all get a bit pricey. I might suggest you reach out to Crutchfield, and work with one of their sales reps to see what they recommend, there are so many options to discuss here.

something else to think about is to just buy a high-quality Bluetooth sound bar and control it from your phone, streaming audio from Spotify or other apps, it would probably sound much better then what you have for a reasonable amount of money and you would not need complex or professional installation.

Welcome to RVForums! Don’t be a stranger now!

Looking at the stereo reminds me of a double din car audio stereo. If it is the same dimension you my be able to replace with a car audio system.

Attachments

• B919DD3D-9374-4A69-AD6B-CE8D29104C2E.jpeg
    B919DD3D-9374-4A69-AD6B-CE8D29104C2E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19

Latest resources

Back