Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
Changing over from ownership of a 4360 Newmar to a Cyclone Toy Hauler fiver I knew my expectations were probably going to be way too high as far as customer service was concerned. From my research it did look like Heartland was maybe better than Keystone or Jayco branded products though.

The first strike against them was their refusal to allow you to make warranty appointments at their factory. If there is some type of major issue with your RV they will allow it but otherwise they tell you to find a dealer or get an estimate on repairs and they will pay it within reason. Getting our ice maker repaired in a large residential frig is turning out to be a real struggle because the darn thing has to be pulled and the configuration of the kitchen counter won't allow it to come out far enough. In other words this is a huge job for a dealer (if you can find one) and not a big enough job for the factory.

I thought strike two was going to be two days ago when our microwave fried itself. I did all my testing to make sure it wasn't a circuit then contacted Heartland. After some discussion about there being no dealers in my area they asked if I was able to switch it out. I told them I could and within 2 hours my new microwave was on the way to me where I am camped. That is actually pretty good customer service IMHO.

Latest resources

Back