Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Uncle_Howie

RVF Regular
Finally found a place that I can store my new Class A. It's covered and has power. Plugging it in is it ok to leave fridge on or just cut main power to area and winterize good? I live in the PNW so we do get some frozen days. I'm assuming the power is to keep the batteries charged.

All depends on what amount of power? 120V, 30A, 50A? You can likely keep the fridge on but if you don't need to, that's up to you, just keep doors open to prevent mold until it warms up. Winterizing will always be the safest bet. It all depends on your power source and your heating system and if you can use it while in storage.

I'm plugged into a 20a source while in storage and I keep the refrigerator running. Not sure I need to, but it's what I have done as it doesn't draw much power.

Finally found a place that I can store my new Class A. It's covered and has power. Plugging it in is it ok to leave fridge on or just cut main power to area and winterize good? I live in the PNW so we do get some frozen days. I'm assuming the power is to keep the batteries charged.
When we lived in the Pacific North West, (very close to the ocean) when storing our coach, our biggest concern was mold. If you are in an area where it is very moist during the winter, I would invest in a self draining dehumidifier. We also learned to make sure that all of our cupboard doors, drawers etc were left open. Your house batteries will most likely be monitored but will your chassis battery? We have a battery tender that maintains the chassis battery. They are not that expensive.

Darrell

IMO equipment that is designed to run continuously should be left running, if able. Start stop cycle are hard on equipment when left dormant for long periods. Especially with fluids, gas, and seals.

When we lived in the Pacific North West, (very close to the ocean) when storing our coach, our biggest concern was mold. If you are in an area where it is very moist during the winter, I would invest in a self draining dehumidifier. We also learned to make sure that all of our cupboard doors, drawers etc were left open. Your house batteries will most likely be monitored but will your chassis battery? We have a battery tender that maintains the chassis battery. They are not that expensive.

Darrell
Well I will have those moisture buckets in there. Plenty of repelant for critters . The RV is a 2023 and from all looks it's pretty much buttoned up with holes and such. The place is a RV storage place so under cover and has power. All assphalt etc.
Plan on visiting frequently to check on things. I know the power suppose to keep batteries charged and I don't think solar will be much help but minimal if at that being covered.

Latest resources

Back