Chassis
Ford F-53, 26,000GVWR
Engine
Ford V-10
TOW/TOAD
2017 Gmc Terrain & 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR-2
Fulltimer
No
Here at the house, I have an RV Port under which I keep my coach parked. I have it hooked to a 20 amp service breaker, in my pool shed. The outdoor temperatures here have ranged from a low of about 18, up to 60+ degrees.
First question: Should I leave my refrigerator on while basically in storage? Other than using electricity, what are the "pros & cons"? I have been leaving it on, but set in a low position.
Second question: I have a small 1200 watt electric heater with a thermostat, which I have been leaving on, & depending on outside temperature, temps inside the coach stay between 45-62 degrees. So, by having the heater running, what effect, if any, does the heater being on have upon the humidity inside the coach? I've seen no sweating of windows, nor indications of moisture inside. I just want to do whatever is best for the coach!

Having some heat in the Coach will certainly reduce humidity so no issue there. Leaving the fridge on is a personal preference. I leave mine off with the doors open enough to vent but not far enough to turn the inside lights on. If your coach is not winterized just be sure that your basement remains above freezing if you have a real cold spell.

Anyone with experience using 20a service on all electric coach while in storage? I full time so never tried but looking at leaving my coach for 2 weeks this summer at a friend’s house while we go to Europe. Temperatures should not be a factor, want to leave refrigerator on and maintain batteries.

Anyone with experience using 20a service on all electric coach while in storage
[/QUOTE]

I currently have mine plugged in to a 20amp service. I leave refrigerator plugged in & it will also allow the front heat pump to run, & not trip the circuit. Found out by accident!;)

As it is currently COLD...I have a 1200 watt plugged in & it runs most of the time. Per my energy management system, when running, it pulls 10 amps. So this idea has worked well. Seems to keep the inside temperature 10-20 degrees warmer than outside temps.

And the batteries charge is maintained as well.

No issues. You should be fine.

Good Luck!

I do mine that way all the time. Be sure to set your charger/inverter inbound load to 20 amp max that will save you from accidentally tripping a breaker. yours will most likely be set at 50 amp for normal shore power or generator power

I have mine set for 30a but good point to change to 20a, hope I remember that in 5 months?

When we had barn and dedicated 50A hookup, when leaving coach, slides in, inverter off, fridge off (open doors), furnace thermostat set to 45F and the electric element for the aqua hot was left on (winter time only). Now the Ventana is stored outside in covered storage, no A/C and so I have winterized the coach, using the pink stuff. I have checked all fluids, i.e., oil, transmission, oasis, coolant, genset oil/coolant so I know all are full.
Here is what I do.
DEF Tank Full
Diesel Tank Full - Power Service Diesel Fuel Treatment put into tank.
All coach systems are off/powered down/master switches off.
All window shades are down.
All slides in/air leveling IS NOT DUMPED.
Refer doors are open.
Removed any and all things which could freeze, i.e., canned food, liquids of all types unless I know it won't freeze, personal items of value. Batteries have been removed from all things which uses them.
Inverter is disabled
Charger is off (stands to reason no a/c power),
Coach rear is pointed to afternoon sun (solar panels should get some effect to keep batteries up).
I go over every few days and start generator, check on unit, get stuff I want to use at home.

One thing people here have some little pressure washer they use to keep coach clean, please post the model used, as I will need to make up a wash trailer so I can go over and wash the unit. There is no water at the storage facility, so I will get a tank, mount it to my little trailer, with the pressure washer, and lambs wool wash mitts I can wash it and rinse it off good.

Latest resources

Back