Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I've heard to keep the on the go water softener out of the sun such as in summer time, easy enough, it typically can hide under a slide. But here in sunny warm frigid Arizaska with temps in the low to mid 20's at night, storing the tank is something to consider. I don't keep my sewer or water lines connected at night, I connect them only to dump and fill up then stow in temps going below freezing at night. In my Newmar Ventana without a side radiator I have bonus storage on the aft left side. The problem is those bays have no heat source so sure enough I think my tank and contents froze.

First tip, drain the water out when done.

Second, I decided to store the tank in the main basement area which will get heat from the inverter, OASIS unit with the diesel burner frequently in use, and the wet bay furnace heater.

In cold weather ops keep these things in mind.

I have a heat hose for winter use but try and stay places where it isn’t required. I have put water softener in the pass thru basement compartment, thinking the same as @Neal inverter provides some heat. I have only had to do this traveling thru cold places.

Arizaska? Are you sure you are not in Alaskazona, @Neal?

Whatever you do, don't head up to Polson in January; you'd be glad to have temps in the 20s. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

I just unhook the softener and filter then put them in the side compartment just like I would to travel. Been down into the upper 20s here in SE Arizaska...........

We also fill the fresh water tank during the warmer part of the day and then pack away hoses and On The Go water softener in the basement when camping in freezing weather. A full fresh water tank will typically last us for close to a week unless we do multiple loads of laundry. Quick disconnects on water lines make quick work of connecting and disconnecting all the hoses. Draining the hoses and water softener takes some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back