Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
This thread is to document your ideas for Newmar to read. This is not a complaint thread but a constructive idea thread if you come up with ideas to improve or innovate. Newmar seems to have responded to my thread posted on IRV2 of this nature, let's continue it here.

EDIT: A new system is in place and the Newmar Suggestions is now a dedicated forum using the new voting system by this forum'ware. Please create a NEW THREAD for each suggestion. Do not reply to an existing post with your suggestion.

Many posts/suggestions have no been moved to their own threads so some of the dialog below will be confusing

Last edited:
Install 240V outlet for the clothes Dryer and choose 240V dryers over 120V versions. There are more options available and they will dry better.

Consider brands such as LG and Samsung for your coaches that may have a better reputation and quality.
I recently talked to an appliance tech about this and he said, Amana, Maytag and whirlpool were much better, at least in refrigerators. Perhaps dryers are different. I haven/t done any comparisons.

I recently talked to an appliance tech about this and he said, Amana, Maytag and whirlpool were much better, at least in refrigerators. Perhaps dryers are different. I haven/t done any comparisons.
I would dare to disagree regarding whirlpool refrigerators, don’t have any experience with the others. When it comes to washers, we had a Samsung set in the S&B that we loved...for about a year until they started falling apart.

Flip the rear bath layout on the 4081 so emergency egress is on opposite side of entry door.
Interesting. Wouldn’t that require pretty much shrinking the wardrobe by half? What do you expect to gain? I like the 4081 Rear bath layout on paper. Wish I could not have a toilet blocking my egress door. Liked it so much on paper I requested a special for them to use that layout instead of the standard 4326 rear bath layout. Sadly it was denied.

Just thinking the egress door on the opposite side would be better in the case of a roll over. Thought the space would be the same just flipped. We currently have a 2015 Ventana 4369, so no rear door. Just toured the DS 4081 at the Tampa show and liked what we saw. Just thought it might be improved (in my opinion) by having the door on the other side.

Just thinking the egress door on the opposite side would be better in the case of a roll over. Thought the space would be the same just flipped. We currently have a 2015 Ventana 4369, so no rear door. Just toured the DS 4081 at the Tampa show and liked what we saw. Just thought it might be improved (in my opinion) by having the door on the other side.
Got it. Thanks for the thoughts. It would be really nice if Newmar could get a little more modular with their floor plans like that.

Dear Newmar,
I don't know if this is new for 2020, but on bunk models such as the 4326 and 4310 please do not place the exhaust for the oasis directly beneath the bunk windows. Guess where that exhaust goes when the one of the bunk windows is open?

Why not run OASIS exhaust out the back? Unless the piping is too long...
Well, that's certainly my thought on how to rectify it, but my point is that it probably should have come that way? I don't really understand why any of the exhausts points are on the driver side. Just run them all straight to the back.

I think (heard) they do this to get it off the patio side. It's going to be under something we don't want unless they go all the way aft. I think this is something to remember to "special" - adding to my "next coach" specials dream sheet if not already on it. But agreed, it should be aft by default.

Options:

1) Egress door on Gas class A's
2) Upgrade to 15000 BTU A/C w/ heat pump on all 50 amp units
Options:

In (1), are you speaking of a "driver's side door"? Or the "rear egress door", usually as an emergency exit from the bathroom?
The reason I ask, is that I have the driver's door on my 3710 Canyon Star, & the rear egress door was shown as an option.
In (2), I have the 15,000 BTU heat pumps front and rear, which were also an option.
Or did I misinterpret, and your intent/suggestion was to make them standard?

Allan

Last edited:
Now that my Kwikee step has failed like everyone else’s, a more robust step system and include grease zerks at strategic points. Also add provisions that when it does fail, a convenient way to disconnect things as required to get out of trouble.

Hate to pick on any mechanical engineers that might be on this forum but......when designing something there should be a requirement that they have to fix all foreseeable failures prior to production of any design ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back