Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Sungold LFP LP inverter/charger not charging batteries thru Cummins Onan RV Generator

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Travelling Ken

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Roadtrek
RV Model
ss agile
RV Length
Chassis
mercedes benz
Engine
4cyc disel
TOW/TOAD
Hello Friends, Is there anyone out there who has this problem: My inverter/charger, Sungold 3000w12v, does everything it's supposed to do when hooked up to shore power, that is invert, convert, and charge but when energized with the Onan generator, it will not recognize the AGM batteries and charge them It will charge when on shore power but not generator. So far the manufacturer is unable to find a solution. The generator produces 121 volts and 60hz. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken

I personally would be looking into how the transfer switch is wired in!!!

Thanks, Kevin, But the thing is that on generator power there are 120volts to the RV and the outlets and AC work. Why not the charger???

If I were trouble shooting, with the information you gave us, that's the circuit I would be studying!

But then I should have asked is did the setup ever work!

If I were trouble shooting, with the information you gave us, that's the circuit I would be studying!

But then I should have asked is did the setup ever work!
Hello Kevin, this past weekend was the first time I boondocked and tried to use the generator to charge the batteries so the answer is I don't know

If you can follow, and diagram the circuits involved, I will look at it!

Hello Kevin, If you are asking me to submit a wiring diagram, I am sorry but I am not that skilled. Thanks for the offer

Here is the thing! You have a generator and shore power cord. That means you have a transfer switch, or old school outlet for the generator that you plug the house into!

Because your profile is not complete I have no idea what you own. I did find road trek in previous posts!

I assume because of the age from previous posts, that the solar was added!

That would imply aftermarket install! My experience with many solar installers I, you are better off doing your own install,even with only a quarter year high school electronics class!

Some may find that statement harsh, but no matter,my opinion!!!

That means likely the install was done by unqualified people!

The inverter has a built in transfer switch so what you are likely to find is the input for your inverter is wired to the wrong side of the transfer switch of the coach.

To explain what is happening!

When the generator is started the transfer switch disconnects the shore cord! If the inverter supply is connected to the shore side of the transfer switch it to is cut from generator power!

Once again!!!

I WOULD LOOK AT THE TRANSFER SWITCH WIRING!!!

Kevin you are blooodhound. I went and looked at the sungold website. That inverter charger has one AC input. There should be a plug or transfer switch before the inverter.

Kevin you are blooodhound. I went and looked at the sungold website. That inverter charger has one AC input. There should be a plug or transfer switch before the inverter.
It's not rocket science!

HIGHLIGHT:

• ★ This LFP Series 3000w Pure Sine Wave Inverter is a combination of an inverter, battery charger, and AC auto-transfer switch. Low frequency, low Idle Current, BTS cable.
  • ★ This 3000-watt inverter requires 120VAC input and can provide 120VAC output power for the appliances, and it can output 50 or 60Hz via the SW4.
  • ★ AC/Battery Priority: Our inverter is designed with AC priority by default, you can choose the battery priority by SW5 switch.
  • ★ Adjustable Charging Current: The max charge current can be adjusted from 0%-100% via a liner switch.
  • ★ Auto Gen Start: The 3000w inverter charger can start up a generator when the battery voltage goes low, and turn the generator off after battery charging is finished.

Share:

Buy Together Save More​

3000W DC 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter With Charger
12V 200Ah LiFePo4 Deep Cycle Lithium Battery Bluetooth / Self-Heating / IP65
Total price: $1,426.00 $1,679.00
ADD SELECTED TO CART

Latest resources

Back