RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford Explorer/2018 Ford SuperDuty
Fulltimer
No
Great to see a Super C owners forum open to all Super C's of all manufacturers!! This will be a great place to share information.. Thanks Neal for setting this up!!

Just a quick question Super C owners? Me still being a newbie I have been looking at trading in my current 2022 super c for a Newmar or dynamax. Are all these diesel? Or are some gas? I just looked at a tiffin allegro I believe and rv place told me it is gas!!!! I am super confused!!!! Thanks yall

The Tiffin Allegro Bay is a diesel super c.

It is on the S2RV chassis. That chassis Freightliner made specifically for RVs. It is lighter weight overall.

We looked at a new one last fall and were disappointed in it overall. Cabinet doors were pressboard and already crumbling etc. At least the one we looked at they used lower end components.

We had a Dynamax DX3 on order. That fell through due to supply chain issues.

We found a Newmar Superstar new on the lot - 22 model. That is what we bought.

The inspector we hired said, based on all the inspections he has done, we went to the top of the heap with the Newmar.

The Dynamax and Newmar are on the full M2 chassis, not the S2RV one, unless you go up to the ones with a tag axle.

Been in our Superstar for 8 months and love it. From our perspective the extra money up front was worth it.

They all have issues and we have some as well. All minor and none have kept us from using or enjoying it.

The one many positives 😎 for Newmar Super is that they moved the rear axle back to avoid the big swing when turning. It would be nice if the same was on my Dynaquest XL, but I have learned to adapt. Also: I don’t know of any super C that are not diesel, true super-C that is.

Have to agree that a true super c is diesel and not gas.

Yes the rear axle in the Superstar takes all the tail swing out of the picture. The 24 1/2 foot wheelbase did take a bit to get used to.

The other plus in the Newmar column is the air ride cab. Big difference in the overall ride of the coach.

Have to agree that a true super c is diesel and not gas.

Yes the rear axle in the Superstar takes all the tail swing out of the picture. The 24 1/2 foot wheelbase did take a bit to get used to.

The other plus in the Newmar column is the air ride cab. Big difference in the overall ride of the coach.
Nice, didn’t realize they had an air ride cab ! although my seats are pretty nice for air ride….

Nice, didn’t realize they had an air ride cab ! although my seats are pretty nice for air ride….
Yeah, drove a few Dynamax coaches, DX3 and an XL. Drove nice and we had one in order 😀

The air ride cab on top of the seats is a nice addition though.

Latest resources

Back