Chassis
Frieghtliner M2 106
Engine
Cummins L9
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4x4
Fulltimer
No
I have a 2022 Super Star 3727 with an Oasis Chinook Dual Loop system. Came home from dinner out with the neighbors this evening to find the Oasis has a Low Water (i.e. coolant) red light. I can find the Overflow Outlet connector on the top back of the unit but the attached tube runs off someplace into the bowels of the beast. Does anyone know where Newmar hid the overflow tank??

Of course it's dark and the coach parked in the street as we had planned to leave in the morning on a 6 week trip. I'll look further in the morning.

Thanks in advance.

Jay

Good news…found the overflow tank. Inside the passenger’s side fuel filler door. Bad news…it’s full so that’s not the problem…:(

We were having low coolant issues and the overflow tank was full.
In our case the fluid was moving from the boiler box to the overflow, but the straw in the overflow, which should extract from the overflow when the boiler cools, had disconnected.
With some finger wrangling, needle nose pliers and more than a large helping of patience - was able to reconnect the tube.

Check the coolant in the main oasis box, not just the overflow. Of course, BE SURE THE SYSTEM IS COOL BEFORE OPENING THE RADIATOR CAP.

@JRW-NAW , give ITR a call and speak with Randy. He’ll have you diagnosed, if not back in business, in no time.

Latest resources

Back