RV Year
RV Make
SportTrek
RV Model
ST282VRL
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ram 1500 3.0 Diesel
I ordered a surge protector for my RV. it came in today I noticed that I ordered the wrong one instead of a 50 amp I got the 30 amp short of sending it back can I use it with both AC's running?
Thank you in advance.

You might be able to get by with the 30A if nothing else is running in the coach and the starting current of the two ACs doesn't exceed 30A. Starting amperage can be up to 50% higher than running amperage.

Assuming your RV is set up for 50A, why not get the right surge suppressor and not have to worry about what else in the coach is in use when the ACs come on? At some point, you will run into a conflict if your coach is wired for 50A service. If your RV is only wired for 30A service, the one you have is fine.

What RV do you have?

TJ

You might be able to get by with the 30A if nothing else is running in the coach and the starting current of the two ACs doesn't exceed 30A. Starting amperage can be up to 50% higher than running amperage.

Assuming your RV is set up for 50A, why not get the right surge suppressor and not have to worry about what else in the coach is in use when the ACs come on? At some point, you will run into a conflict if your coach is wired for 50A service. If your RV is only wired for 30A service, the one you have is fine.

What RV do you have?

TJ

I have a 2017 sporttrek 282 which is a 50amp. I just hate sending things back but like you said it's better to get the right one.

Latest resources

Back