• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Surgery and RV Fulltiming?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thank you. Screwed it up good Monday morning chasing the dog up stairs (still house breaking this monster) and I think something tore. Been hard to walk on it since but I think it may be a good thing in pinpointing the problem for him when I see him Monday, Dr. Beech in Midlothian behind St. Francis. I'm looking forward to a fix so I can get back to Pickleball someday, hopefully.

I hope they put me to sleep for shots :)

Neal, those shots were not as bad as the blame cortisone shot he gave me in a previous visit! That thing HURT!! The other shots were more like a bad wasp sting, for about a minute!
Believe me, I was skeptical at first! But it wasn't near as bad as those daggone immunizations we got in the military!;)
Be BRAVE!!:eek:

Ahh, the memories of Gammagoblin!!!

I'm considering fulltiming someday in the years ahead but as with most RVers we're at a more susceptible time in our lives for medical attention. While I'm only 26 as I have been the last 27 years :) the time is nearing for my first ever surgery it seems, a knee surgery. I screwed it up even more last night chasing a 6 month old lab up the stairs, she won, and my knee reminded me something is very wrong. I'll find out next Monday or at least start the investigative process.

The same thoughts come to mind about moving to some other location as I have family here. Living in the area of family allows you to help them or them help you should a need arise. My question and concern is how do people that fulltime handle situations like this? A knee surgery? Spinal surgery? Other medical needs that may affect ones ability to move. I guess this is complicated by being single and having a pet as I guess if you could remain within the RV that certainly helps matters and remain immobile.

Medical and fulltiming is a big concern of mine.

You make good points.
As unwanted as could be I just went through cancer treatment from October to January (Tumors gone!.) Since we planned on wintering in Myrtle Beach, I setup all work to be done while we were there. Luckily I was able to plan the work, however, if something were to happen when are traveling (assuming things open up) we would just figure out a way to stay for whatever time frame was needed. Being semi-retired and working from the motorhome helps also having DW who can drive and take care of things really helps with piece of mind.
We both talked about situations like this before we went full time, did we think everything out, probably not.

Latest resources

Back