Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

yankeeman99

RVF Regular
Just purchased a new forest river sunseeker and would like to do 2 front end upgrade. First is a Bilstein steering stabilizer and then a sumo bumper stops. Any comments?

Don't know the size of your Sunseeker as it can be a Sprinter MBS all the way up to something on a F350 or 450 chassis. My preference would be Koni shocks, but that is what I'd use for a larger unit. Sumo's are OK, but again, what are you trying to resolve with the unit? Sway, roll, pitch, porpoising, being pushed around? I think if you give more detail. and what your Issue)s) are, that may be a better place to start.

The steering stabilizer is always a good idea on a large vehicle. However, not sure much else is needed. I had a 30 ft Forester that drove just finebwith no suspension mods. Had it forfive years and loved it.

2019 Outlook 22C. I replaced the shocks with Koni and we are very happy with them. Also a wheel alignment and the vehicle goes down the road great with very little push from larger trucks.

Added the steering stabilizer about 3 years ago. Didn’t notice much of a difference, Maybe a little less play . Did the sumo springs on the front recently, best money I’ve ever spent .my itasca 30t leaned so much in Corning my wife though it was going to tip over .Going to do the rear in the spring.

Latest resources

Back