• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DAVEO1

RVF Regular
Hello all

I have a 2003 national dolphin class A on a workhorse w22 chassis. 8.1 l vortec with the Allison transmission. my question is I am getting ready to install a rear sway bar and on the driver side frame rail Right where I need to put the front bracket of the sway bar there is a tank of some sort right there. I can't tell if it's for the brake system or the fuel system does anybody have any information on this?
PXL_20230402_183943596.jpg

That's evaporative emissions, perhaps it could be relocated a little but if it's perforated or there's a leak in any of the lines, you'll get a CEL on the dash.

It looks like a charcoal canister to me for the evaporative emission system, it stores fuel vapors that are sent back to it from the fuel system which are then allowed to flow into the intake manifold via a vapor management valve (or solenoid) so it doesn't just vent into the atmosphere. If even a pinhole size leak occurred it would set an error code when running the monitor for the evap system setting a P0442 or P0456 code most likely. At least, that is what it looks like to me.

Last edited:
It looks like a charcoal canister to me for the evaporative emission system, it stores fuel vapors that are sent back to it from the fuel system which are then allowed to flow into the intake manifold via a vapor management valve (or solenoid) so it doesn't just vent into the atmosphere. If even a pinhole size leak occurred it would set an error code when running the monitor for the evap system setting a P0442 or P0456 code most likely. At least, that is what it looks like to me.
Thank you I appreciate the information.

Latest resources

Back