• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved System Control App

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
On my 2020 Mountain Aire I added a switch in the electrical bay for the TM102w as that unit has 'its hands in all types of things". Generator, Inverter, relays, on and on... Power cycle it on average about 1x every 45 days when we are out.
@SteveMA ... is the TM102w located in the electrical bay or is that just where you added the switch?

FLSteve :unsure:

UPDATE: I lost System Control because all the WiFi info on SL was gone. The module (LR-125) fell asleep. It should not fall asleep and will need to be updated per SL; however, to wake it up if this happens to anyone else, you would need to take the velcro panel behind the power reel out and go to the SL fuses noted by the green panel located at the bottom. Take out F1 and F2 and put back in. I'm good to go for now.
Thanks Ard,that is great info to have…like with any computer,reboot and away you go….usually!!

@SteveMA ... is the TM102w located in the electrical bay or is that just where you added the switch?

FLSteve :unsure:
TM102 (2020 Mountain Aire - I think similar for all) is in the shore power bay behind the large plastic cover. It is in the lower right on mine. Over time I have found it is crucial to many SL systems including the communications with the generator and the Xantrex inverter/charger as the Xantrex 3012 does not network with RV-C and the TM102 is the 'translator'. There are several devices in our MA that are KIB "FET" "power controls" that are supposed to disconnect all power from the SL modules if your house batteries get below 10.7v ±. My batteries were run down to 6.2V when the coach was in for service and the KIB FET devices would not come back online. Unplugging them waiting 10 min and plugging them back in was the key to regaining SL functions. Sadly the 3012 failed. Ended up getting a new one from Inverter Service Co in White House, Tn and they also fixed the old one, so I am likely going to put both online when I change over to LiPoFe in the spring.

@ARD ... great information. My System Control app on my iPhone still works, however several control functions that used to work have stopped working like the shades, TV up/down etc. I will try the F1 and F2 deal and see if that fixes it. @redbaron initially helped me to get it installed and running.

FLSteve (y)
FL Steve - The shades, TV etc on 2020 MA are controlled by KIB. I Had to go to the KIB "hub" box over the sinks in the rear bathroom, Open the metal box and pull power from the modules and then it all reset. Caution the "hub"box is a wiring embarrassment, looks like somebody hacked to together behind their barn. Just go slow. there is a 12V fuse for the KIB system (I think in the mid bathroom electrical cabinet) however it seems to be fed power several ways, so I ended up powering down the actual circuit boards to restore all. I am thinking about selling my business and retiring and then sitting down and making a system for RVs that is not such a kludge of bits and pieces. (We do major AV and network work for large industry and Gov) I can assure you we would not have been in business for 40 years if we had ever delivered projects like what I find in these coaches....

FL Steve - The shades, TV etc on 2020 MA are controlled by KIB. I Had to go to the KIB "hub" box over the sinks in the rear bathroom, Open the metal box and pull power from the modules and then it all reset. Caution the "hub"box is a wiring embarrassment, looks like somebody hacked to together behind their barn. Just go slow. there is a 12V fuse for the KIB system (I think in the mid bathroom electrical cabinet) however it seems to be fed power several ways, so I ended up powering down the actual circuit boards to restore all. I am thinking about selling my business and retiring and then sitting down and making a system for RVs that is not such a kludge of bits and pieces. (We do major AV and network work for large industry and Gov) I can assure you we would not have been in business for 40 years if we had ever delivered projects like what I find in these coaches....
@SteveMA ... thanks for all the information. I will print it out and go to work on it tomorrow.

FLSteve :)

Latest resources

Back