Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert T-Mobile False Advertising - FRAUD!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Neal I feel your pain! Also experienced less coverage on our T-Mobile i-phone 11 than on our AT&T i-phone 6 during our travels to South Dakota, Colorado, and then to North Carolina. I don't recall ever having T-Mobile signal and not having AT&T. As you can see my equipment is a good bit off of the leading edge so perhaps that's part of the issue. I have no 5G equipment so I don't get to complain about that yet. but that won't stop me form providing some thoughts Regarding 5G. I believe T-Mobile took the low road (regarding frequency) vs AT&T and Verizon using higher frequencies for their "5th Generation network". If my recall is correct on the frequencies in use that could be a reason T-Mobile is claiming the huge coverage, the low frequency signal just covers more ground. Not trying to justify the map just offering my experience and thoughts.

If you are not getting a signal be sure to power your phone off and then back on. They don’t always pick it up the next network without going through the boot process.

A simpler technique is to go into airplane mode then back to normal. But that's not the point of this thread. All carriers are deceiving in their coverage maps. T-Mobile, IMHO, is taking this too far. I'll never use their service again regardless.

Hey, just found this map from the FCC.
It’s in the ARCGIS platform and, with a couple of my tests of known weak spots, it wickedly accurate!

Maybe a new thread is coming to discuss how well it works!

FCC 4G Coverage Map

Spent the week at Myrtle Beach State Park. Kind of a dump. AT&T was worthless delivering less than 2mbps, barely enough to check email and not good enough for loading any kind of rich media news website. T-Mobile wasn’t great but it delivered 8-12mbps - at least something that I could work with.

Not bad with you and the other T-Mobile user in the area :) The problem I've had in Myrtle Beach especially now at peak season is network saturation.

Latest resources

Back