Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Tank Treatment for us Newell "Never Flushers"!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CaptainGizmo

RVF Expert
SoCal...relax, we're one of the good ones! ;-)
RV Year
RV Make
Newell
RV Model
2020P
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor w/AF1 Braking
Fulltimer
No
Well, I've been holding off before giving my endorsement of this product. I'm talking about a tank treatment that I discovered through another YouTuber. It's called "RV DIGEST-IT" by Unique. I bought it on Amazon, but have a feeling this stuff is catching on...I just saw a huge display at a new Sun Resort in San Diego.
1624922771430.png

It's a safe bacteria-enzyme and you can get a liquid or pods.

As you know, the Newell has a unified Black/Gray tank and Newell does not suggest any flushing. In fact, there's really no "tank flush" inlet. While this came as quite a surprise to me, I kind of understand why. That said, I can tell you that black-gray waste water DOES stink! I've used the chem pods of all brands, and have also used Happy Camper..and let me tell you what...you get that crap in your nose and you WILL NOT be a Happy Camper at all!!! These products helped, but NOTHING like this new stuff.

This past week, I was able to give it more than just the "sniff test", and now I can WHOLE-HEARTEDLY give you my GIZMO'S TIP with 2 gloved thumbs up! I get really intimate with my sewer hose...I'm talking REALLY! I detached it and replaced it with a new one. I was SHOCKED at how "GOOD" the old hose smelled. No, I don't have COVID...I'm serious...the waste water AND THE HOSE DID NOT SMELL at all!!! This is despite my waste tank being 40% full for the past month with ambient temperatures of over 90 degrees!

Check their other stuff out, I know I will, and let us know what you think.

From my understanding, Newell owners s..t doesn’t smell?

From my understanding, Newell owners s..t doesn’t smell?
? good one!
Maybe it’s still the old Newmar in me. ?

Well, I've been holding off before giving my endorsement of this product. I'm talking about a tank treatment that I discovered through another YouTuber. It's called "RV DIGEST-IT" by Unique.
Thanks for posting this, Steve. First of all, I didn't know about the "no flush" Newell thing. But as for RV Digest-IT, I use that myself currently for my gray tank. I've been using the Camco packets for my black tank. I guess they're working, because we're not getting any smells . . . other than self-induced. :)

Since Amazon sells it, its too easy not to try and I’m up for anything that helps break down the muck in the tanks. We don’t have tank odors but I have a pretty good idea of what’s in there and cleaner is better. THANKS!

I have always thought the grey tank often smells worse than the black tank. I dump some automatic dishwasher detergent down the drains and into the toilet about once a month. I rotate thru the sinks and shower as it helps to keep the p-traps clean as well.

I have always thought the grey tank often smells worse than the black tank. I dump some automatic dishwasher detergent down the drains and into the toilet about once a month. I rotate thru the sinks and shower as it helps to keep the p-traps clean as well.
Dishwasher detergent is good because its non-sudsing. Anything that makes suds, dish soap, laundry det, etc, will suds up in the tank and foul your sensors and it takes a lot of flushing to get rid of the muck. This I know from experiemce.

I used it and recommend it. NRVTA endorses it as well. Who knows, they may get a kickback as the Beard is very profit motivated.

It IS cheaper at Amazon (about $5.50 cheaper for a single bottle), although Amazon tacks on a considerable amount to the base price. It's probably cheapest to buy in person at RV supply places if I ccould find it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back