• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Temporary Windshield Protection

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Newmar does this in quite a few areas. Let's take a simple situation of the sewer hose for my 2017 VTDP. Why couldn't Newmar give us a required 90 degree elbow? We're talking singles here. How about a nice Valtera sewer hose to complement the Valtera components they use? I got to my first campground leaving Newmar and was stuck as I didn't know I needed a 90 degree elbow. There are quite a few places Newmar cuts corners that are just baffling for their level of product.

Chips/cracks on the Windshield you don't own yet, might not cost you anything but TIME. Thought it was well worth the $92-discount so when the MH showed up at the dealer I didn't have to wait for windshield replacement before I could start enjoying my coach.

@boomer @deaton … here's my story. I did elect for the $92 option based strictly on the time factor like boomer mentioned above. We were anxious to get the new coach as we had a trip planned and our salesman did say the main reason for doing this was to avoid having to wait for a new windshield to get shipped to them. Seemed worth it to me … BUT … on the delivery trip from Nappanee to south Florida, the windshield still got cracked by a "big rock" and had to be replaced anyway. Luckily they had one overnighted and it did not hold up us getting the coach. I probably would not choose this again and just save the $92 for diesel fuel. deaton … I enjoyed reading your original post as I asked the exact same questions when I saw this option on the list.

FLSteve

Update -

While taking delivery, finally, of my new DS 4081 at NIRVC in Lewisville last week, Brett Davis stopped by for a coach tour. Among other things, I asked him about Newmar’s $92 charge for “windshield protection” and he agreed that it is a rather silly option to put on the order form. We both agreed it was like asking the customer to pay for packing material. He made a note and said he would bring it up with Newmar at the upcoming dealer meetings.

On a related note, we did order the windshield protection. Don’t ask me why.

So as we drove up to NIRVC and walked toward our coach for the first time, there was a flat bed trailer parked in front of our coach. On the trailer, there was a windshield cracked down the middle. My wife exclaimed, “Oh, that’s too bad, somebody had to get a new windshield.”

The tech, standing by the trailer, asked “Is this your coach?” My wife said yes. He replied, “Congratulations, you have a new windshield.”

It was chipped in transit despite the windshield protection. NIRVC got it replaced in record time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Update -

While taking delivery, finally, of my new DS 4081 at NIRVC in Lewisville last week, Brett Davis stopped by for a coach tour. Among other things, I asked him about Newmar’s $92 charge for “windshield protection” and he agreed that it is a rather silly option to put on the order form. We both agreed it was like asking the customer to pay for packing material. He made a note and said he would bring it up with Newmar at the upcoming dealer meetings.

On a related note, we did order the windshield protection. Don’t ask me why.

So as we drove up to NIRVC and walked toward our coach for the first time, there was a flat bed trailer parked in front of our coach. On the trailer, there was a windshield cracked down the middle. My wife exclaimed, “Oh, that’s too bad, somebody had to get a new windshield.”

The tech, standing by the trailer, asked “Is this your coach?” My wife said yes. He replied, “Congratulations, you have a new windshield.”

It was chipped in transit despite the windshield protection. NIRVC got it replaced in record time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
@deaton … that's my story as well!

FLSteve

Somebody owes you $92!!

Awaiting new coach pics :) Congrats.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back